Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seems to be loads of betting info around so maybe if we have one thread for everything bet related we will all win more!!! :-)
    THIS WAS A QUALITY IDEA BY THE USER SZ72

I reakon this week end the best betting game is germany to win and possibly keep a clean sheet. Dont think any of friday nights games are callable!

ReputationRep:
    cant believe u do start this thread...

ReputationRep:
    sorry...dont think this thread will last somehow!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think fridays matches are a potential for good returns. I've bet on doubles of Italy Sweden being 1-1 and Denmark winning as well as Italy Sweden being 2-2 and Denmark winning. For the Denmark game I've also taken Denmark double result and for there to be more than 2 goals in the match.

I don't even understand this post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajoruna)
    Personally I think fridays matches are a potential for good returns. I've bet on doubles of Italy Sweden being 1-1 and Denmark winning as well as Italy Sweden being 2-2 and Denmark winning. For the Denmark game I've also taken Denmark double result and for there to be more than 2 goals in the match.

I agree denmark will probably win the second game but i think the italy one is a risky one in comparason.
    Totti is out, and don;t know how that will effect the outcome.
    draw is probably the best bet, though i still think it could go either way. i am a bit biased as i love ibrahimovic.
    Reakon there are more certain games coming up though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I don't even understand this post.

give tips/say what bets you made etc.

Oh ok...i have made no bets. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    I agree denmark will probably win the second game but i think the italy one is a risky one in comparason.
    Totti is out, and don;t know how that will effect the outcome.
    draw is probably the best bet, though i still think it could go either way. i am a bit biased as i love ibrahimovic.
    Reakon there are more certain games coming up though
    I know what you mean but I can't see Italy even without Totti failing to score in the 2nd game running + at the same time I can see Sweden scoring hence the selection of score draws. Only other result that is a risk to my bet is a narrow win for Italy (say 1-0) due to the fact their defence is effective at shutting shop once a lead is taken. I felt Bulgaria were unlucky to lose by such a margin against Sweden BUT they are missing several key players and Denmark will be looking to get off the mark after a good point against Italy.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean but I can't see Italy even without Totti failing to score in the 2nd game running + at the same time I can see Sweden scoring hence the selection of score draws. Only other result that is a risk to my bet is a narrow win for Italy (say 1-0) due to the fact their defence is effective at shutting shop once a lead is taken. I felt Bulgaria were unlucky to lose by such a margin against Sweden BUT they are missing several key players and Denmark will be looking to get off the mark after a good point against Italy.
    agree with your denmark thing, so i put a few bets on them. Put some focusing on tomasson to score because his record is phenominal for country.
    I hate betting on draws or scores because i dont like watching a game and wanting no goals or something like. I think the draw or italy win bet on www.sportingbet.com is a good one.
    bwt you seen this website:
    http://www.bestfreebets.co.uk/solo_bookmakers.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I bet on Tomasson to score so seems we are both quids in, however I chickened out of putting him as first goalscorer (which was 9/2) and so instead went for anytime scorer at 5/4.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I bet on Tomasson to score so seems we are both quids in, however I chickened out of putting him as first goalscorer (which was 9/2) and so instead went for anytime scorer at 5/4.

lol same
    i also put only £5.55 worth of bets on game which isnt much but still they were:
    thomason to score
    denmark to win first half n then go on to win game
    denmark to win
    so all 3 wins is nice

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I lost out on my bet on 3 goals or more, nearly got it with Sand hitting bar late on. Got anything going on the Italy game? personally I'm just going to let my doubles play out but 1-0 to italy + goalscorer has some attractive odds.

ReputationRep:
    got a few on italy but my bulk of money is on tomorows germany game as i reakon they will easily beat latvia.
    This is all i got on Italy game:

£1 zlatan to score anytime: £3 return
    £1 sweden to win: £3.75 return
    £2 italy not to lead at any point: £4.2 return
    £2 both teams to score: return £4

some quite strange bets i know but i am heavily biased towards sweden cuz of there strikeforce. Thats why i limited my bets on that game.

What you got on it?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing at moment, if the result is 1-1 or 2-2 i make a tenner roughly from a quid double. Will be betting on tomorrows games though, going to check odds for Latvia drawing at half time but losing at fulltime to Germany. Fancy Holland 2-1 and Nistelrooy to score twice.

ReputationRep:
    1-1 just the result I wanted

ReputationRep:
    If people want to win money at decent odds with a pretty good chance of success you can't beat Rugby League hanidcaps unless you are seriously in the know about American sports.

Take London Broncos on Sunday at +28. I expect Hull to win but not by that sort of margin as their team is depleted and they are playing a few of the reserve side.

I also think that Castleford at home to Warrington with + 8 is a good bet although I know Cas have been crap all year they have got to come good some time and Warrington are not brilliant themselves.

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ANY OF THE ABOVE I HAVE MENTIONED WILL HAPPEN. THEY ARE SIMPLY MY OPINIONS BASED ON MY REASONABLY GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF RUGBY LEAGUE.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tips Mark, will look into the odds nearer the time.

ReputationRep:
    Always check the team news too. A major example of when the bookies took a massive hammering was when it was common knowledge in Rugby League circles that Saints were feilding a weakened team at Bradford earlier in the season.

There were massive irregular betting patterns and the bookies lost big style.

Another one to look out for is when two different bookmakers have totally differing views on the same event.

A couple of years back you could bet on "England to qualify" and "England not to qualify" for the 2002 World Cup with two different bookmakers and make a profit either way as the odds were totally contrasting.

This also happens with Tennis and any other event where there are only two possible outcomes.

ReputationRep:
    Czech Rep to win tomorrow seems a good bet, perhaps a few doubles around Baros/Koller 1st goal and 3-0/3-1 correct score.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.