Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thoughts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Feel sorry for him, but that's what you get when you don't deliver.
Indeterminate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really blame him tbh.

I think it was disrespectful of the media to raise questions about his future. That's all in the hands of the management, and he's under enough pressure as it is.
Sae.HH
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be fair they are taking the piss. I'd genuinely though he'd already been sacked because I came across an article saying Jose Mourhino had already replaced him. United are 4TH, why is everyone losing their ****?
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Spent lots on underwhelming players, playing dreadful football, etc. For his failures, he is likely to receive a golden goodbye payment greater than the life time earnings of the majority of people. Sympathy? No.
Rk2k14
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Imagine commenting if you don't know the circumstances.
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's one of those moments that you look at as breaking a manager's tenure. I think the writing is increasingly visible on the wall for LVG, and though I didn't think United would part company with him at the start of the week, the murmurings surrounding Mourinho are getting louder.

The issue is that clubs very rarely die wondering. They would obviously rather make a change, and fail, than simply not act at all. Thus, I can see them making a managerial change soon.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He & his family need to learn not to listen to the media
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The media are *******s, but it's your fault if you don't play them. They'll naturally have their favourites, and they'll turn on those eventually if you aren't performing. I think - for the majority of his tenure - the press in this country have given LVG the benefit of the doubt, but we're £250m down now, and 18 months gone. Eyebrows are being raised - and correctly so.
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
People who count know that his squad aren't the best, ignorant people compare with imaginations in their head not reality.

Here's a message to Louis from another Louie who was up against it.
A level sufferer
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
British media sensationalise so much when things go well (a few weeks ago UTD were 1 point off the top) then come down hard when **** hits the fan. Its so annoying how unrelenting they are, especially on foreign managers. Rodgers spent pretty much the same and the media criticized his sacking. Too much hypocrisy
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A level sufferer)
British media sensationalise so much when things go well (a few weeks ago UTD were 1 point off the top) then come down hard when **** hits the fan. Its so annoying how unrelenting they are, especially on foreign managers. Rodgers spent pretty much the same and the media criticized his sacking. Too much hypocrisy
To be fair, I'm not sure many in the press did criticise Rodgers' sacking. They criticised the timing, because they felt it should have happened post-Stoke at the end of the 2014/15 season when we lost 6-1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (167)
58.6%
I don't have everything I need (118)
41.4%

Watched Threads