The Student Room Group

NWTFS F1 shadowing period

I've had a search around on Google and I can't find the duration of their F1 shadowing period, does anyone know?
Original post by medic2874
I've had a search around on Google and I can't find the duration of their F1 shadowing period, does anyone know?

Unless things have changed massively shadowing periods are set by individual trusts, not foundation schools. It will therefore very much depend which trust you end up at.
Reply 2
Original post by Spencer Wells
Unless things have changed massively shadowing periods are set by individual trusts, not foundation schools. It will therefore very much depend which trust you end up at.

Ah right, thank you. All I know is that it's a minimum of four days. I hope the new F1s find out soon after we get our allocations!
Original post by medic2874
Ah right, thank you. All I know is that it's a minimum of four days. I hope the new F1s find out soon after we get our allocations!

I wouldn't hold out for that. Although you get you allocation in advance, the trusts aren't told until it's confirmed that you've graduated, which is circa 6 weeks prior to your start date (although there's nothing stopping you contacting them once you've find out to ask) and may not send you anything official until then.

Looking back at my emails, I find out where my FY1 allocation was in February, and had my first communication from the trust in the last week of June.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending