aejaz3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I did my french controlled assessment (Exam board: OCR) and I'm guessing I got a B/C. Is it still possible to get A*?
Doppelgengar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends on how well you did. But yes, if you did the Higher GCSE French controlled assessment of any exam board, the highest possible score is A*. I did GCSE AQA German, and if your French course is anything like what I did, A* work tends to have a mixture of present, past and future tenses, a very wide range of vocab and sentence structures, and little to no mistakes (when they do occur they're little ones with complex grammar structures).
qawsx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you fully completed the controlled assessment? If so, the controlled assessment is worth 60%, and the exam 40%, so a B in the controlled assessment would leave open the possibility of an A, but most likely not an A*.

Therefore a C in the controlled assessment would still be enough to get a B or low A overall if you performed well in the exam, but probably not an A*.

If you haven't completed all the controlled assessment, just do as best as you can in the rest and read the tips of the above post, and the A* is still possible.

Good luck whatever the case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (675)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.21%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads