The Student Room Group

Best book title?

Just curious but have you guys ever heard a book title that's just really good and you consider the best? What is it and why do you think it's the best?

I mean, giving a book a title is really hard and giving them an amazing name is even harder IMO. You guys can judge it however you like, maybe by how appropriate it is or just how poetic it is, it doesn't matter, just, what is the best book title in your opinion?

Mine has to be, so far, "A lover's discourse: fragments" by Roland Barthes. I've actually never read it before and I don't even know what it is about but that title is just so, I dunno, apt and so poetic.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞

Scroll to see replies

the very hungry caterpillar
Green Eggs and Ham
the hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared :ahee:
Do Polar Bears Get Lonely?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Indeterminate
the hundred year old man who climbed out of the window and disappeared :ahee:

Saw this in my school library and nearly had a stroke from laughing so hard.
Reply 6
How to Sh@t in the Woods: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/77377.How_to_****_in_the_Woods
(edited 8 years ago)
The man who mistook his wife for a hat.

I love it because it says it all, really.
(edited 8 years ago)
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand

How ****ing morbid and badass is that?! It's amazing that just two words can evoke such strong connotations of choas and feelings of fear.
(edited 8 years ago)
I want my hat back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
The man who mistook his wife for a hat.

RIP :frown:
Original post by yasaminO_o
"Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand

How ****ing morbid and badass is that?! Just imagine if Atlas were to shrug - our whole world would descend into chaos holy **** it's amazing. It sounds like an ultimatum it's brilliant UGH

Well it is the novel's metaphor, at least from a financial and existential stance. But yeah, it's best if he doesn't haha
The History and Social Influence of the Potato

Images You Should Not Masturbate To

The Big Book of Lesbian Horse Stories

The Stray Shopping Carts of Eastern North America: A Guide to Field Identification

If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start with Your Legs

All available through Amazon.
(edited 8 years ago)
how to sell
sound non fiction a guide on selling perhaps no
bought it and love it but i only found out after buying it it was just jewellery, sex and drugs in excessive quantity
Original post by Metrododo
Well it is the novel's metaphor, at least from a financial and existential stance. But yeah, it's best if he doesn't haha

I realised too late unfortunately, I was about 15 when I first read it and was looking for a "true" dystopian novel rather than a political one. It's still good though, just not what I was expecting aha
Original post by yasaminO_o
I realised too late unfortunately, I was about 15 when I first read it and was looking for a "true" dystopian novel rather than a political one. It's still good though, just not what I was expecting aha

Ahh I see what you mean. Although tbh I find that many dystopian novels are very often intertwined with a political message: 1984, Brave New World, etc. etc.
Wolf Hall

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
A Brief History of Time
Legion of the Damned always sounded eerie to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending