The Student Room Group

christmas studying

Scroll to see replies

I had my A2 mocks before christmas :smile:
But, i have to do my Computing project. Ive been working at it every day for atleast 6 hours a day. Tomorrow i will take the day off though.
Original post by aamirac
Probably. I want that A* in Physics!
And I'm becoming a bit obsessed doing my Politics notes :teehee:

What exam board are you with Physics?
What other subjects are you studying & what exam boards are you with them?

I'm doing Maths & Physics just curious.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What exam board are you with Physics?
What other subjects are you studying & what exam boards are you with them?

I'm doing Maths & Physics just curious.

I'm doing the new A-level system on the AQA exam board.

Physics, geography(AQA) and GovPol (Edexcel) :redface:

Wbu?
Original post by aamirac
I'm doing the new A-level system on the AQA exam board.

Physics, geography(AQA) and GovPol (Edexcel) :redface:

Wbu?

I'm doing the old a level system.

Maths+further maths+physics = Edexcel.
Original post by Bern Herkins
But, i have to do my Computing project. Ive been working at it every day for atleast 6 hours a day. Tomorrow i will take the day off though.

Are you on OCR? How far in are you at the moment?
I'm doing the old a level system.

Maths+further maths+physics = Edexcel.

Oh right I see.
I only have physics on the new system.

Wow that's like my dream combination to take :moon:.

How are you finding it?
Original post by aamirac
Oh right I see.
I only have physics on the new system.

Wow that's like my dream combination to take :moon:.

How are you finding it?

I'm not finding it a challenge apart from Further maths (FP2+M2) atm. It takes a long time to wrap your head around some ideas, especially in the later mechanics modules. The most brilliant part is If I get better in further maths it will help in my maths & the same with Physics.

In Mechanics 3 module you learn about circular motion, which helps with Physics unit 4 (depends upon your exam board) and Mechanics 4 module you learn about Simple harmonic motion(SHM) which helps you with Physics unit 5 & also gives you the best mechanics understanding right before your degree.

What are you applying for? Are you an AS or A2 student?
I'm not finding it a challenge apart from Further maths (FP2+M2) atm. It takes a long time to wrap your head around some ideas, especially in the later mechanics modules. The most brilliant part is If I get better in further maths it will help in my maths & the same with Physics.

In Mechanics 3 module you learn about circular motion, which helps with Physics unit 4 (depends upon your exam board) and Mechanics 4 module you learn about Simple harmonic motion(SHM) which helps you with Physics unit 5 & also gives you the best mechanics understanding right before your degree.

What are you applying for? Are you an AS or A2 student?

I'm an AS student. I'm guessing your in A2?

I actually love the mechanics module in physics. :love:

I don't really know what I can do with my subjects. I did want to do a physics degree but that's obviously not going to happen now so I'm going with the flow?

What do you want to do in the future? :biggrin:
Original post by OrionMusicNet

Sorry im doing AQA. Im not sure if there is much of a difference.
If its anything to you, Ive done the analysis to a good standard and just coding now. I havent done any of the design documentation yet but i should be fine.
Yeah all day, parents are at work tomorrow for the first time ever this year so.. home alone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
hell no
Original post by aamirac
I'm an AS student. I'm guessing your in A2?

I actually love the mechanics module in physics. :love:

I don't really know what I can do with my subjects. I did want to do a physics degree but that's obviously not going to happen now so I'm going with the flow?

What do you want to do in the future? :biggrin:

Yeah, I'm an A2 student. The mechanics modules in A level Physics have limited maths involved and the real rigor is taken out. Nonetheless, it does give you a taster of the topics. :smile:

Why didn't you chose to study A level Maths? Maths+Physics would have given you the option to study Physics at university. You still have quite a lot of time until next year September 2016 before you know what you want to do.

Haha, funnily enough I'm applying to study Physics. :biggrin: I'm interested in going into research/lecturer at university. I've applied to: Bristol, KCL, UCL, Manchester, QMUL. I'm hoping to go to UCL & If not then KCL.

How come your only studying 3 AS levels?
Tomorrow? No way! But over the holidays, I really need to. Got an exam on economics, water security and law in less than a month (hardly looked at it) and need to do three bits of coursework (due in in three weeks). Boo.
Sorry im doing AQA. Im not sure if there is much of a difference.
If its anything to you, Ive done the analysis to a good standard and just coding now. I havent done any of the design documentation yet but i should be fine.

Ah alright. I am on OCR and have done some of the design but I have spent most of the holiday blazing through the coding so I have less to do when I go back to school.
Reply 34
Yes! :-)
The thought of people studying on Christmas Day (if they celebrate it) is a bit weird. Calm down and take one day off, seriously.

I haven't done any yet, anyway, and it's not like I'll begin on Christmas lmao - I'm not that sad.
Reply 36
three 25% weighted essays to be submitted over 3 weeks of Christmas Break. So yeah, I will be working :/
Reply 37
tomorrow shall be my last day on TSR until Jan 11th :3
i need to get work done
will miss you guys :/

Original post by jessyjellytot14
I'm going to resume to studying on the 27th because I really need to rest. I hate being a workaholic because even when i'm trying to relax, I keep thinking about my A-levels and what i could be doing arghhh

You see I procrastinate and hate working but then while I'm not working I think about how guilty I feel for not revising

Wash, rinse, repeat T_T
Reply 38

Original post by OrionMusicNet

OMG :O my people!

I'm doing OCR

Design was due before christmas - still not done

ARGH i keep procrastinating :O i dont wanna do ittt T_T
Original post by jonathanemptage
is anyone planning on doing any studying tomorrow?

No! All of my assignments were due before Christmas :biggrin: I have one in on the 28th of Jan but obvs I won't be starting that until at least mid Jan so I'm freeeeeeeeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending