AQA Geog1 what was in the AS Geography exam last year??

Watch
jjknnll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
AQA Geog1 what was in the AS Geography exam 2015?? i want to revise everything that came up last year for sections:
- population
- cold environments
- rivers
- health
tcameron
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I'm doing AQA geography A2 and got an A (94%) last year.
It's best not to tell you what came up as you'll benefit wholly from discovering that during your mock exam.
I did: Rivers, Coasts, Population and Health
Feel free to ask me any advice
Khadija123455
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
were the 15 markers difficult for rivers
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Khadija123455)
were the 15 markers difficult for rivers
The physical section is always easier than the human section in my opinion.
So no, rivers I think is the easiest topic.
Khadija123455
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tcameron)
It's best not to tell you what came up as you'll benefit wholly from discovering that during your mock exam.
Did rejuvenation come up
slumdoggy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, can you please help me. I SUCK at geography. I am doing health and ice currently, and i just can't get good marks in the higher questions like 15 markers. I've been looking for help for ages and I finally found someone who did good.
Can you please contact me and help me please! It would be greatly appreciated.
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slumdoggy)
Hi, can you please help me. I SUCK at geography. I am doing health and ice currently, and i just can't get good marks in the higher questions like 15 markers. I've been looking for help for ages and I finally found someone who did good.
Can you please contact me and help me please! It would be greatly appreciated.
I understand how you feel. I hated geography last year and was terrible at it for majority of the year. I did manage to get full UMS in the first paper though.
-Don't worry too much about the 15 markers. It took me a whole term to even get above 5/15 marks in it.
-In the exam they will not mark you as harshly as they do in class. They know you are under time restraint and in comparison to the rest of the country - the highest mark someone gets may only be 9 but that's why UMS marks exist to reflect that.
-I didn't do ice so can't really comment on that. But for the physical section, try to draw diagrams which are annotated as much as you can in the exam where applicable.
-Don't try seperating the physical and human side too much as to really get the high marks you should be able to link things and add your own suggestions where you can - obviusly only if it'll be valid.
-For the human section, it's really easy to blag your way through it with your own critisms and still get marks for it
-You don't really have to understand anything outrightly - just memorise - the more you know the more marks you'll get.
-Usually an A is around 50-60% in that paper so you really do not need such high marks to even get full UMS marks.
slumdoggy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I understand how you feel. I hated geography last year and was terrible at it for majority of the year. I did manage to get full UMS in the first paper though.
-Don't worry too much about the 15 markers. It took me a whole term to even get above 5/15 marks in it.
-In the exam they will not mark you as harshly as they do in class. They know you are under time restraint and in comparison to the rest of the country - the highest mark someone gets may only be 9 but that's why UMS marks exist to reflect that.
-I didn't do ice so can't really comment on that. But for the physical section, try to draw diagrams which are annotated as much as you can in the exam where applicable.
-Don't try seperating the physical and human side too much as to really get the high marks you should be able to link things and add your own suggestions where you can - obviusly only if it'll be valid.
-For the human section, it's really easy to blag your way through it with your own critisms and still get marks for it
-You don't really have to understand anything outrightly - just memorise - the more you know the more marks you'll get.
-Usually an A is around 50-60% in that paper so you really do not need such high marks to even get full UMS marks.
Thanks for this! It is much appreciated. For health, how many cause studies did you learn? I am looking at the specification and it isn't telling me what i need to learn really.
tcameron
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slumdoggy)
Thanks for this! It is much appreciated. For health, how many cause studies did you learn? I am looking at the specification and it isn't telling me what i need to learn really.
Well our teacher made us learn LOADS more than was required. Health was the one with the most case studies for me. I can't remember the exact number but it was maybe around 10-15?
In total we had to learn waaay more case studies than was specified and learnt case studies when it wasn't specified either - I'd recommend doing this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (46)
28.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.64%
No I am happy with my choice (90)
55.56%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.41%

Watched Threads