Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, is anyone doing the Edexcel A2 History exams on Monday and Friday next week? Just looking for people to discuss revision advice with and so on

If you are doing them, which sections are you doing? Mine are:

Unit 4: German Foreign Policy
    Unit 5: Representation in Britan
    Unit 6: Synoptic - Hitler and the Nazi State

Hopefully there's some other people out there doing the same syllabus... good luck to everybody sitting these next week

ReputationRep:
    Yea Im doin A2 History, different Units to you though
    Dont know why my school chose these units:

Unit 4: Enlightened Despots
    Unit 5: The Ascendancy of France (1589-1715)
    Unit 6: The Decline of the Liberal Party

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hey guys, is anyone doing the Edexcel A2 History exams on Monday and Friday next week? Just looking for people to discuss revision advice with and so on

Hopefully there's some other people out there doing the same syllabus... good luck to everybody sitting these next week
    i am but tudor stuff so not much use (teachers say everyone does hitler, & thats why we arent - no im not sure it makes sense either). bugger you get 3 exmas, i did c/w so only 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    i am but tudor stuff so not much use (teachers say everyone does hitler, & thats why we arent - no im not sure it makes sense either). bugger you get 3 exmas, i did c/w so only 2.
    i'm doing :
    elizabeth I
    Mid tudor crisis (edward & mary)

we did c/w in - Golden age of spain

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing:

Unit 4: British Foreign Policy
    Unit 6: Hitler and the Nazi State

ReputationRep:
    Ah, history....

I've got Unit 4 Fascist Italy and Unit 5 Representation in Britain on monday
    and Unit 6 Nazi Germany (power and control) on friday.

Any advice about how to revise?

ReputationRep:

I've been looking at Unit 5, and I reckon the turning point question has to be 1832 (by process of elimination) and then I'm hoping for parliamentary pressure for the second question.

ReputationRep:
    We submitted coursework on the relationship between monarchy and parliament from reformation to civil war so I have two exams on Monday and Friday:

Unit 4: Restoration and the rule of Charles II
    Unit 6: Cromwell and the Protectorate

I am much more worried about unit 6.

For some reason.... :rolleyes:

U5 - Britain and Decolonisation
    U6 - Hitler and the Nazi State

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratva10)
    hey, im doing the same syllabus, how r u getting on with revision,? ithink the first question on monday will be on 1832 Reform Act as a turning point
    yeah, well that's what I'm hoping... they did 67 in the specimen, 1885 in the first year, and WWI last year. Which leaves only 1832. And it'd be a good question as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing:
    -Unit 4 - Containing Communism in Asia
    -Unit 6 - Nazi Synoptic

I'm utterly dreading Unit 6. Havent really done enough revision for it (although I have been getting B's in mocks without any revision at all - but I really need an A). I'm good on all the analytical stuff and constructing and arguement about the structure of power, but I'm not so up on the facts and the dates. I've spent most of my time revising for Unit 4, as we havent done it since January, and the Nazis is still fresh in my mind as we were doing that up until study leave.

Anyone else in the same boat (about lack of revision)?

ReputationRep:

hey, im doing the same syllabus, how r u getting on with revision,? ithink the first question on monday will be on 1832 Reform Act as a turning point
    and about unit 6 on friday..hell knows, im gonna do so crap on that, but hopefully good marks in unit 5 and not so good in 6 should make up a nice B.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and any tips on how to revise the Unit 6 synoptic paper?

(Original post by kingslaw)
    Anyone else in the same boat (about lack of revision)?
    Yes, fortunately however Histroy is my useless subject so thankfully I'm under no real pressure to get an A!!!

TIP FOR SYNOPTIC - You don't actually have to know what you are wittering on about as long as you sound like you do!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Yes, fortunately however Histroy is my useless subject so thankfully I'm under no real pressure to get an A!!!
    Pff, I really need to get all A's (although Kings want AAB for Law, I hopefully want to do academia and post-grad stuff, where AAAA will really help!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    TIP FOR SYNOPTIC - You don't actually have to know what you are wittering on about as long as you sound like you do!!!
    Thats exactly what my history teacher said!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and any tips on how to revise the Unit 6 synoptic paper?
    have you got the heinemann's revision guide? The amount of knowledge needed is fairly limited. To get the A, you need to be able to handle the sources properly - do the little tricks like use one quote in your intro, one in the conclusion etc.

I'm hoping propaganda will come up, as it hasn't done before!

I need my A in history.... haven't even thought about friday, just worrying about monday!

Pff, I really need to get all A's (although Kings want AAB for Law, I hopefully want to do academia and post-grad stuff, where AAAA will really help!)
    So do I, just not in History. I would think that an B/C in History would contrast quite well with good grades in subjects that have a direct bearing on my future though!!!

Thats exactly what my history teacher said!
    One of the many reason why leading historians are also moronic, egotistical ****'s....lol

ReputationRep:
    wow u all do really different modules! Mine are:
    Unit 4 Peel
    unit 5 Representation in britain
    Unit 6 chartism
    They all totally over lap so its kinda easier but i only need 110 out of these 2 exams for an A anyway yay!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.