Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Edexcel History too...
    Unit 5: Democracy and Representation
    Unit 6: Hitler and Nazi State
    Does anybody know what the January 2004 questions were for these units?
    If so could you please, please post them?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, Im doing representation and democracy for unit 5 too, apparently 1832 is very possible to come up for the turning point question, anyone any ideas about what might come up for the second question?

Anyone doing Age of Peel for Unit 4 on monday?, what about that, any ideas on possible questions?, Im predicting reconstrution of Tory party to 1841 for one, not sure though, thoughts? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing the tudor state for module 5, did module 4 in january which i am so glad about cos i have four modules on monday......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    The January paper wasn't about the pull-out. One was about whether pushing past the 38th parrellel in Korea was a political and military blunder, and the other was about whether US intervention in Indochina was 'economic imperialism'. I hope one question is about the pull-out, coz I can talk for hours on that!!!! Our tutor says that after January's paper was so utterly random, the questions could be about anything - so be prepared!

I have revised some of Korea, however I think its easier to write a good answer about Vietnam or the pull-out because the issues are more difficult if you get what I mean! It makes the answer look more thorough and sophisticated. I have revised some of Korea, just incase a nightmare question comes up about Vietnam - but most of my revision is Vietnam.

Good luck to you too!
    Cool, i'm glad that won't come up again! The course has only been running for 3yrs, so that hasn't been that many, and the majority has been about withdraw, or later stages. Which defo makes me think it will be about escalation, to ask about the start is a tad rotten given the specification... ah well GOOD LUCK everyone.., i wish i had done coursework for unit 5 ;(

ReputationRep:
    Does any know anything about political writers for Democracy and Representation? My teacher was telling us tat it could come up as a essay and the exam board said something about it at a meeting he went to.
    Im hoping its on the effects it had on the parties, that would be nice!

ReputationRep:
    is it true for history unit 5 you dont really need to have knowledge, just know the basics then write a good essay?
    ive got unit 5 -the state and poor in britain 1832-1939, tommorow by the way

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what topics have formed the basis of Question C for the Democracy and Representation option in Unit 5? I think the dog has eaten my past papers because I can't find them...

Also, I'm finding Unit 4 really hard - any stylistic/analytical advice from anyone who's done it before or is finding it easier than I am?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paymaster)
    have you got the heinemann's revision guide? The amount of knowledge needed is fairly limited. To get the A, you need to be able to handle the sources properly - do the little tricks like use one quote in your intro, one in the conclusion etc.
    Hey paymaster, I haven't been able to get hold of this book. Are there any other synoptic tips/info from the book you might be able to share? I really need an A to meet my uni offer and I'm panicking like you wouldn't believe! Happy to rep if you can help - thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    Does any know anything about political writers for Democracy and Representation? My teacher was telling us tat it could come up as a essay and the exam board said something about it at a meeting he went to.
    Im hoping its on the effects it had on the parties, that would be nice!
    :confused: What do you mean by political writers...? This sounds like something I may need to revise as I have no clue!! Anybody?!

ReputationRep:
    i haven't done political writers either, we weren't taught it, so i hope it won't come up...come to think of it, my teacher never even mentioned this as a topic. We were just told to revise all the reform acts, and then all the relevant sub topics, chartism, political parties, role of the state, labour party, pressure groups, and that is MORE than enough..if i did anything else i think my head would explode, come back together again, look at the work again, then explode again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4291?!)
    i haven't done political writers either, we weren't taught it, so i hope it won't come up...come to think of it, my teacher never even mentioned this as a topic. We were just told to revise all the reform acts, and then all the relevant sub topics, chartism, political parties, role of the state, labour party, pressure groups, and that is MORE than enough..if i did anything else i think my head would explode, come back together again, look at the work again, then explode again..
    That's reassuring, at least I'm not the only one... if anyone has any info/notes on political writers it'd be helpful to look over though. Thanks for the revision tips too Hope the exam goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    does every unit 5 paper have a question on turning points?

ReputationRep:
    Unit 4 - Fascist Italy (Did in January: 79/90 A)

Unit 5 - American Civil Rights 1863-1980 C/wrk (58/60 Raw Mark est.
    UMS conversion 87/90 A)

Unit 6 - Stalins Russia 1924-41 (Friday!)

Only need a B 90/120 in Unit 6 for an overall A for A level, despite only getting a high B for AS. So the pressure is off as this is my least important subject and fingers crossed that I'll get A's in my otha 2 subjects, as i only need 4 c's in the remaining exam units .

This will be my last exam straight afta my 2 hr CMS6 one . Good luck everyone for Friday! and anyone doing Unit 4 2morrow!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm doing Lenin and the establishment of bolshevik power 2moro and am wondering whether anyone can help me. (you don't necessarily have to be doing Lenin)

What is the best way to write question (c)? (the essay-style one) Do you have to include different schools of historians like marxists/militarists/socio-culturalists?

ReputationRep:
    Monday:
    Unit 4 - British Foriegn Policy
    Unit 5 - State of the Poor 1834-1939

Friday:
    Unit 6 - Chartism

Got an A overall last year but only managed a D in the Jan exam (though I do have my doubts over the marking since no one at my centre got above a low C for it)

(Original post by feedtheflamingo)
    Hey guys. I'm doing Lenin and the establishment of bolshevik power 2moro and am wondering whether anyone can help me. (you don't necessarily have to be doing Lenin)

What is the best way to write question (c)? (the essay-style one) Do you have to include different schools of historians like marxists/militarists/socio-culturalists?
    I would say that you can get a very good grade without bringing in historians interpretations and schools of thought but I would maybe make sure you have an outline of the different schools of thought on your particular subject area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    does every unit 5 paper have a question on turning points?
    I think so chats; it's question b on each paper as far as I know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    . You are aware that there are only 2 questions on this paper yes....part c?!? :confused:
    i didnt know this.
    i thought there were 3 parts.
    my teacher is so useless!!!!!!!!!1111 :mad:

(Original post by sprite)
    i didnt know this.
    i thought there were 3 parts.
    my teacher is so useless!!!!!!!!!1111 :mad:
    Maybe yours is slightly different to our but we get...

(a) Turning Point
    (b) Big Essay

At least I thouht we did *recalls mock* :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Maybe yours is slightly different to our but we get...

(a) Turning Point
    (b) Big Essay

At least I thouht we did *recalls mock* :confused:
    If you're talking about Unit 5, all my past papers have:
    (a) Brief question on sources
    (b) Turning point
    (c) Big essay

If it's changed I don't know...? :confused:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.