The Student Room Group

How many hours should i revise each day for A-Levels?

I do little revision
The amount necessary for you to achieve the results you desire.
However much you think is sufficient! It really does depend on you as a person, how fast you take in information, how quick you adapt to exam style questions, how good your school is at teaching, how many subjects you do, what grades you're aiming to get etc.

At the end of the day only you could really decide how much is enough.
Reply 3
Original post by ByronicHero
The amount necessary for you to achieve the results you desire.

You the next Plato or something?
Original post by Sameerio
You the next Plato or something?

I rather hope not. Reading his collected works takes enough time, let alone writing them.
Reply 5
Reply 6
depends what subjects you do and how well you listened in class etc.

eg i did pre-u history and you don't stand a chance in those exams without a crap tonne of revision and essay practice. economics on the other hand i just did the night before.
Don't listen to these guys above.
Study exactly 3.41 hours a day. 'Tis the best way to revise.
Getting the best grades is less about how much you study, but more about how effectively you study.
The key to A-Levels is past papers and the specification. Do all the past papers, even if you haven't learnt everything for it yet, because you get used to random questions (Like a biology one about a seal), and many questions reappear.
Use the specification as a guide to what you need to cover, rather than relying on one of the many dodgy textbooks. You don't need the random stats they give you. I've broken my specifications down, so including all the info I need below each spec point. This has enabled me to finish one of my courses before we even started year 13, so I can focus on my other subjects. (This is probably easier for science then it is for humanities. I did history at as, but getting a D in every module, I don't really feel qualified to talk on this)
In terms of time, you need to study a bit, but I wouldn't say study each day. Certainly each week, but if you're doing high-density studying, it doesn't need to be everyday.

Quick Reply

Latest