The Student Room Group

Buckinghamshire New University interviews for 2016 entry

Hi I just got offered an interview at Buckinghamshire new university on march 2016!! Absolutely thrilled :smile: Has anyone got any experience they would like to share on the individual interview stage, like what questions came up etc Also how was the literacy and numeracy test like ? Btw Is there a group interview ?
Reply 1
Original post by weepingwillows
Hi I just got offered an interview at Buckinghamshire new university on march 2016!! Absolutely thrilled :smile: Has anyone got any experience they would like to share on the individual interview stage, like what questions came up etc Also how was the literacy and numeracy test like ? Btw Is there a group interview ?

Hey.. Well done! I am a first year nursing student at Bucks New Uni and yes, there is a group interview as well as the one to one. They tend to do everything on the same day.. Numeracy questions are basic maths eg: fractions, time, conversions and the English it is giving you a text and then asking three (I think) question to check your understanding and throughout the essay they would probably be checking your spelling and grammar as well as your comprehension of the text.

The interview questions it is the common ones.. nothing crazy
Hi praia thanks for the reply! I'm so nervous about the numeracy test. Ive been revising non stop this whole week :smile: How much time did you get for the numeracy test ?
Reply 3
I also have an interview for Buckinghamshire New University in March 2016! Really nervous about the Numeracy test! Does anyone know if we will receive info on the kind of questions we are going to be asked or about the topic of discussion for the group interview? All info greatly appreciated!! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi praia thanks for the reply! I'm so nervous about the numeracy test. Ive been revising non stop this whole week :smile: How much time did you get for the numeracy test ?

Sorry for the delay! Have you had your interview? The tests I think are 20min for numeracy and 20 for literacy.
Reply 5
Original post by Aoifa_
I also have an interview for Buckinghamshire New University in March 2016! Really nervous about the Numeracy test! Does anyone know if we will receive info on the kind of questions we are going to be asked or about the topic of discussion for the group interview? All info greatly appreciated!! :smile:

The numeracy is basic stuff like conversions, dividing, multiplying, fractions.. and only on the day you will know the questions.. but generally they would ask the reasons for wanting to be a nurse, experience, skills and qualities that you have. (That is the kind of questions asked in interviews, even jobs). Group discussion is generally about your (or group member's) chosen articles and giving your views about them.

Be confident and everything will go well.. they are a very understanding uni and they will take into consideration the fact that u might be nervous. :wink:

Good Luck :wink:
Original post by praia
Sorry for the delay! Have you had your interview? The tests I think are 20min for numeracy and 20 for literacy.

Hi Praia, i havent had my interview yet :smile: im going for the numeracy and literacy test on march. I've recently got an email from bucks with all the stuff i need to bring and some other preparation details for maths and english tests etc they asked me to bring a recent article for the discussion to speak on. I found a good article in the nursing standard journal but the article was published in a 2013 issue of the nursing standard journal, do u think its a bit too dated ? Its a really good piece and i think it would be really be beneficial . Also i was wondering if you could tell me a bit more of the discussion part of the selection day. Should i be worried ? :/ I've been preparing non stop. I just i hope i dont over do the talking. I tend to talk alot when i explain 🙈
Reply 7
Hi Praia, i havent had my interview yet :smile: im going for the numeracy and literacy test on march. I've recently got an email from bucks with all the stuff i need to bring and some other preparation details for maths and english tests etc they asked me to bring a recent article for the discussion to speak on. I found a good article in the nursing standard journal but the article was published in a 2013 issue of the nursing standard journal, do u think its a bit too dated ? Its a really good piece and i think it would be really be beneficial . Also i was wondering if you could tell me a bit more of the discussion part of the selection day. Should i be worried ? :/ I've been preparing non stop. I just i hope i dont over do the talking. I tend to talk alot when i explain 🙈

2013 seems good to me, especially as we still in early 2016! The group interview is very relaxed and you have to explain your article and your opinion regarding it. You will also need to contribute and express your views about other people's chosen articles. They will be looking at your verbal as well as non-verbal communication. Don't talk too much to the point of not giving others the chance to speak/talk over or interrupt them but also don't be quiet to the point of not participating.. be confident and it will be fine. Nothing to worry about :smile: Good Luck !
Reply 8
I have an interview for Buckinghamshire New University in March 2016 and i didn't get any extra information ( what i need to take with me at the interview date)! Really nervous about the literacy article, can anyone give me any idea please. All information greatly appreciated!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by claretha
I have an interview for Buckinghamshire New University in March 2016 and i didn't get any extra information ( what i need to take with me at the interview date)! Really nervous about the literacy article, can anyone give me any idea please. All information greatly appreciated!!

I'm guessing you mean March 2017?

Anyway, make sure the article you bring with you is an academic health article (eg from say the Nursing Times and not a newspaper article).

Other than that, the interviewing staff are friendly so try to relax. I had mine last month and was quite nervous about having both a group interview and an individual interview on top of the numeracy/literacy tests, and the long waits between each part of the selection day didn't help, but everyone tries to put you at ease! Just be yourself! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest