The Student Room Group

Would you grass them up to the conductor?

If you was on a train and you saw somebody who just got on immediately go into the toilet and remained in there for a while and you suspected this was because they didn't have a valid ticket for their journey, would you report them to the conductor?

I personally wouldn't as I wouldn't want any involvement with anything, but hey ho.

:fatcontroller:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somemightsay8888
If you was on a train and you saw somebody who just got on immediately go into the toilet and remained in there for a while and you suspected this was because they didn't have a valid ticket for their journey, would you report them to the conductor?

I personally wouldn't as I wouldn't want any involvement with anything, but hey ho.

No, I'm such a rebel :mmm:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I would blackmail them :smile:
Original post by Mayhem™
No, I'm such a rebel :mmm:

Spoiler

I admit to being a rebel too, I did the hide in toilet thing on a train both going and coming back on earlier this week! :rofl:

Other one suspended.
Mods need to move this, fools keep posting in wrong sector.
Nah, I'd support the act and hand them a few indigestion pills. We've all been through tough times, sometimes we should help the less fortunate.
No lol, it's got nothing to do with me. I hate "good Samaritans" like this
Reply 7
No, I couldn't care less. I have done it in the past.
i would be more worried that they were going to emerge with a Kalashnikov :eek:
It doesn't really bother me, so no. The train companies take enough money from us - I'm not going to object to someone dodging a fair.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jenx301
No, I couldn't care less. I have done it in the past.

As have I and lied that I was ill when 'caught' thus them forgetting about my ticket issue.

No, train tickets are a rip off - I empathise with them
Original post by jamestg

Agreed. :biggrin:

Shame really, as the east coast line between Doncaster and York is beyond superb to travel on. :smile: Everytime I have travelled between Doncaster and York, the ticket inspector NEVER appeared! :zomg:

Also, why the avatar of a snowman holding a bowling ball? :rofl:
Original post by jamestg

They wouldn't be so much of a rip off if people wouldn't dare dodge
Original post by Tiger Rag
They wouldn't be so much of a rip off if people wouldn't dare dodge

That's not the reason why they increase the ticket prices lmao

No, because you dont stand to gain anything from doing so, and if you run this simulation a 1,000 times say, you are likely to find more often than not you will regret having snitched than not - for a number of potential reasons, but most likely because of retaliation from the offender.
Original post by Zweihander
No, because you dont stand to gain anything from doing so, and if you run this simulation a 1,000 times say, you are likely to find more often than not you will regret having snitched than not - for a number of potential reasons, but most likely because of retaliation from the offender.

Pity the elderly can't often see that! :rolleyes: :rofl:
Nah I wouldn't. I can hardly judge when I've dodged fares a few times in the past too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
no and if u do ur a bad tory
Snitches get stitches.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending