Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if this graphical calc. Is allowed in Edexcel GCSE exams? It says on the packaging that you can use them in KS3, GCSE and A/AS Level examinations. However, I'm not sure about the Edexcel Exams...

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    Just wondering if this graphical calc. Is allowed in Edexcel GCSE exams? It says on the packaging that you can use them in KS3, GCSE and A/AS Level examinations. However, I'm not sure about the Edexcel Exams...
    It's a GCSE exam and the rules are common to all GCSE exams so if it says it's OK then it should be. Edexcel do provide some advice here http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ies&pageTypes= if you want to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    It's a GCSE exam and the rules are common to all GCSE exams so if it says it's OK then it should be. Edexcel do provide some advice here http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ies&pageTypes= if you want to check.
    Thanks! I'm sitting the 2016 paper so I'm just wondering if the same rules apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm sitting the 2016 paper so I'm just wondering if the same rules apply?
    The JCQ rules haven't changed, I don't know whether Edexcel will update their amplification of the advice or not.

ReputationRep:
    It says that them rules apply to the new syllabus papers (grade 1-9), not the old one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It says that them rules apply to the new syllabus papers (grade 1-9), not the old one.
    That can't be the case as the regulations are re-published every year and apply to all A levels and GCSEs - not to mention that fact that this year there are no exams for the new style GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    That can't be the case as the regulations are re-published every year and apply to all A levels and GCSEs - not to mention that fact that this year there are no exams for the new style GCSEs.
    I know but if you look at where the rules are categorised, you will clearly see that they only apply to the new exams and that they are setting up rules for the new syllabus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know but if you look at where the rules are categorised, you will clearly see that they only apply to the new exams and that they are setting up rules for the new syllabus.
    It's just the way the links work on the Edexcel website, if you like it better then use this one: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ies&pageTypes=

As I said from the beginning the rules on calculators are the same for all GCSEs and GCEs for all domestic exam boards.

ReputationRep:
    It's just the way the links work on the Edexcel website, if you like it better then use this one: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en...ies&pageTypes=

As I said from the beginning the rules on calculators are the same for all GCSEs and GCEs for all domestic exam boards.
    Ok thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do you need such an expensive calculator for GCSE exams? The most advanced functions you can possibly use at GCSE is the trig functions. Seems a bit of a waste of money when you can get a perfectly good and suitable calculator for a fraction of the price.

ReputationRep:
    We used Casio 9860GII which can store data for A-Levels lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moeeahmed)
    What's the point though. What is there in A-level that you need a calculator that expensive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    Why do you need such an expensive calculator for GCSE exams? The most advanced functions you can possibly use at GCSE is the trig functions. Seems a bit of a waste of money when you can get a perfectly good and suitable calculator for a fraction of the price.
    My parents got it as a christmas present to use for next September as I plan to take Maths and further maths at A Level. I've already got a fx 83gt plus which I use atm anyway. Was just wondering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moeeahmed)
    If you didn't clear the memory before the start then that is cheating - if you'd been caught your GCSE Maths would have been cancelled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_9710)
    What's the point though. What is there in A-level that you need a calculator that expensive?
    we literally got forced to buy it by our head of department, told us it was a necessary

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't clear the memory before the start then that is cheating - if you'd been caught your GCSE Maths would have been cancelled.
    Even though i didn't store data, we weren't told to wipe our calculators before the exam so i only assume certain people got away with it
    I should report my school lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.