Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I thought about pursuing a career in medicine, but I'm not sure anymore. I've had a look at chemical engineering and it says it includes a lot of maths, which surprisingly I enjoy.

What do you know/think about chemical engineering, anything I should know about the course and the career pathways of it?
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im also considering Chemical engineering.

What A levels do you do?
Mayhem™
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
Im also considering Chemical engineering.

What A levels do you do?
I'm in year 11 at the moment, but I've chosen maths and all 3 sciences.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Might be worth also looking at Biomedical engineering, Bioengineering and Systems engineering if you're somewhat interested in medicine
jLou711
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
chem eng - boring as hell if you dont have passion for it
adam132
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agree with Jlou, although a passion for what you can do with it + if maths is your favourite subject (and your good at it) = insanely rewarding. In the long term too

Posted from TSR Mobile
barbaracampi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a Chem eng second year and there's a lot of maths in the course, a lot of physics but weirdly hardly any chemistry, just a little in first year. I find the course quite boring to be honest, as do a lot of people I know and it's also very hard and challenging but it's quite a good degree to have. I'd definitely say look more into it because it's very tedious if you're not interested in it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.08%
1 (70)
13.89%
2 (65)
12.9%
20.44%
20.24%
5 (88)
17.46%

Watched Threads