The Student Room Group

Cambridge or Kings College?

I have 11A* and 3A's in my GCSE's and my school requires us to pick at least one college right after you do your GCSE's and I was wondering which one is better for the courses: Law OR Medicine.
Reply 1
Do you mean King's College London Or King's College, Cambridge?
Did this really necessitate another thread?

Do you mean King's College London or King's College, Cambridge?

It seems a bit odd to me that school would require you to make a university decision straight after GCSE...

Edit: lol guy above beat me to it :wink:
Reply 3
Medicine - doesn't matter.

Same courses anyway. In third year you can join KCL from cambridge to do clinical years (if you get in) in London. You can join Imperial or UCl as well, among others
Reply 4
Original post by JRKinder
Did this really necessitate another thread?

Do you mean King's College London or King's College, Cambridge?

It seems a bit odd to me that school would require you to make a university decision straight after GCSE...

Edit: lol guy above beat me to it :wink:

I meant Kings College London sorry. And I honestly don't know either why my school does that.
Reply 5
Original post by Tawheed
Medicine - doesn't matter.

Same courses anyway. In third year you can join KCL from cambridge to do clinical years (if you get in) in London. You can join Imperial or UCl as well, among others

You can't transfer from Cambridge to London now anymore since the Cambridge clinical school has expanded so that everyone from pre-clinical can stay on for clinical.

Cambridge is better for Law (more prestigious with law firms, but KCL isn't far behind)

For Medicine both are very good, student satisfaction at KCL isn't very good for medicine. Cambridge has a very science based pre-clinical with little patient contact, KCL is similar but has a bit more clinical.

Cambridge everyone intercalates so you'll stay with your year group, KCL you can chose to intercalate, but it will drop you back a year.
Original post by jaskiran.s
I meant Kings College London sorry. And I honestly don't know either why my school does that.
Oh, well in that case Cambridge. It's more prestigious but obviously you should check out the course content in both and actually visit to make sure you like it there.
Reply 7
I have 11A* and 3A's in my GCSE's and my school requires us to pick at least one college right after you do your GCSE's and I was wondering which one is better for the courses: Law OR Medicine.

This makes no sense. Now is not right after anyone's GCSEs. What A levels are you taking - are they suitable for both Law and Medicine? What allowed you to narrow your choice down to KCL (I presume) or Cambridge when you have no real idea what you want to read?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
neither cos your results suck
Reply 9
Original post by stirkee
neither cos your results suck

I'm going to stop trying to fight with you because it's pointless. If you don't have anything better to say, then just do us all a favour and leave.

Yeah you're clearly not actually committing to anything though. Its good to be thinking about your choices early but its not like this is exactly a big decision just yet... just say Cambridge as you might get more support that way.

Focus on the law or medicine decision first. That's a far bigger choice right there.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest