The Student Room Group

Should I contact this girl?

There is this girl that I have really liked in the past and we shared great chemistry. She liked me as well but I wasn't confident enough to take it to the next step. I haven't contacted her for 6 months. Back then she was definitely single. Thinking of contacting her and take it to the next step but is it too late?

She does like to go out and I'm afraid she may already have a bf.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zill1
There is this girl that I have really liked in the past and we shared great chemistry. She liked me as well but I wasn't confident enough to take it to the next step. I haven't contacted her for 6 months. Back then she was definitely single. Thinking of contacting her and take it to the next step but is it too late?

She does like to go out and I'm afraid she may already have a bf.

Say hello, see what happens if its a good convo where she seems interested you then go no contact, text her a few days after asking her out to coffee/starbucks/maybe cinema.

Whatever happens happens just yolo it trust me. You arent really close friends so what do you have to lose?
You have nothing to lose by asking her out, I don't know if you're planning to text or call (or email, or e-poke, or whatever it is that kids do these days), but whatever you're planning, keep it short and simple and even if it turns out that she has a boyfriend, that's okay, you might as well give it a try
Reply 3
Original post by SuperHuman98
Say hello, see what happens if its a good convo where she seems interested you then go no contact, text her a few days after asking her out to coffee/starbucks/maybe cinema.

I don't understand what you are saying.
Reply 4
Original post by سِيسِي
You have nothing to lose by asking her out, I don't know if you're planning to text or call (or email, or e-poke, or whatever it is that kids do these days), but whatever you're planning, keep it short and simple and even if it turns out that she has a boyfriend, that's okay, you might as well give it a try

Thing is it might feel a bit random and it makes me feel needy asking her out after not contacting her for so long! What do you think?
Original post by zill1
I don't understand what you are saying.

basically:
Say hello and have a short conversation with her.
If it seems like you have good chemistry with her then don't message her or anything for a few days.
After a few days ask her out like a date, somewhere like starbucks
Reply 6
Original post by SuperHuman98
basically:
Say hello and have a short conversation with her.
If it seems like you have good chemistry with her then don't message her or anything for a few days.
After a few days ask her out like a date, somewhere like starbucks

Thinking of texting her. Why have a short text conversation then wait a few days to ask her out (by text again)?

I'd assume it's best to ask her out immediately after a few short texts?
Original post by zill1
Thinking of texting her. Why have a short text conversation then wait a few days to ask her out (by text again)?

I'd assume it's best to ask her out after a few short texts?

yeah asking her out on the first convo would also work.
Reply 8
I'm going to text her tomorrow for the first time in 6 months. Anybody wish me luck?
Reply 9
Original post by zill1
I'm going to text her tomorrow for the first time in 6 months. Anybody wish me luck?

Good luck :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks will keep people posted of the outcome.
It takes you 6 months to grow balls but you're resorting to sending a text?! Pathetic.

It's very likely that she's dating someone else now and is 100% invested in the relationship.

Are you able to see her in person?
Reply 12
Original post by Vaginal_Rights
It takes you 6 months to grow balls but you're resorting to sending a text?! Pathetic.

It's very likely that she's dating someone else now and is 100% invested in the relationship.

Are you able to see her in person?

wow, how are you so sure?

It's not that it took me 6 months to grow balls. It's just that I am open to sex now whereas before I wasn't and so didn't see why I would 'need' her in any way.
Original post by zill1
wow, how are you so sure?

It's not that it took me 6 months to grow balls. It's just that I am open to sex now whereas before I wasn't and so didn't see why I would 'need' her in any way.

"She liked me as well but I wasn't confident enough to take it to the next step. I haven't contacted her for 6 months"

Don't BS yourself. You had no confidence so instead of not asking a girl out who "liked" you you bottled it.

I'm 100% sure she has moved on, I'm 90% sure she has found someone else and I'm 98% sure she'll reject you. You've already proven to her you have no backbone, why would any girl want a guy who can't man up?
Original post by zill1

Good luck. These threads are always interesting. Hope it works.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
"She liked me as well but I wasn't confident enough to take it to the next step. I haven't contacted her for 6 months"

Don't BS yourself. You had no confidence so instead of not asking a girl out who "liked" you you bottled it.

I'm 100% sure she has moved on, I'm 90% sure she has found someone else and I'm 98% sure she'll reject you. You've already proven to her you have no backbone, why would any girl want a guy who can't man up?

Are you a girl or guy?

Ok maybe I was both not confident but also didn't need her. Didn't need any girl to be honest.

Now I am more eager to contact her just to see if you are right. I'll treat it as an experiment. Maybe she see highly of me and would dump the new guy she found and go for me again?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by zill1
Are you a girl or guy?

Ok maybe I was both not confident but also didn't need her. Didn't need any girl to be honest.

Now I am more eager to contact her just to see if you are right. I'll treat it as an experiment. Maybe she see highly of me and would dump the new guy she found and go for me again?

I'm a guy.

I recommend you let this girl go if you're only willing to get with her as an "experiment". What an awful thing to do/say.

Contact her if you wish, but don't expect anything, let alone an answer. I hope she sees right through you.
Reply 17
I'm a guy.

I recommend you let this girl go if you're only willing to get with her as an "experiment". What an awful thing to do/say.

Contact her if you wish, but don't expect anything, let alone an answer. I hope she sees right through you.

Seems like you are trying to see through me!

With all due respect, how old are you?

You seem so sure of yourself. By what education/experience do you have?

You got to know that the girl and I do share some chemistry as I have mentioned. My behaviour 6 months ago was pretty bad I have to admit in terms of my inaction.
Original post by zill1
Seems like you are trying to see through me!

With all due respect, how old are you?

You seem so sure of yourself. By what education/experience do you have?

You got to know that the girl and I do share some chemistry as I have mentioned. My behaviour 6 months ago was pretty bad I have to admit in terms of my inaction.

I'm 21. I've had plenty of experience with women, how they act and how we (men) should act towards/around them.

If you don't want to pay attention to my suggestions, that's fine with me. By all means act insecure and send her the text...

Also note that you shouldn't think about how this girl was feeling 6 months ago. You ought to be judging her actions in the now. This is where so many guys go wrong and fail.

6 months is a very long time. An ample amount of time to get over past "chemistry"/feelings and go out with other guys.

You're literally running into a pitch black cave.

You've even said it yourself :facepalm:

Original post by zill1
Thing is it might feel a bit random and it makes me feel needy asking her out after not contacting her for so long! What do you think?

I can forsee her ignoring you completely.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
I'm 21. I've had plenty of experience with women, how they act and how we (men) should act towards/around them.

If you don't want to pay attention to my suggestions, that's fine with me. By all means act insecure and send her the text...

Also note that you shouldn't think about how this girl was feeling 6 months ago. You ought to be judging her actions in the now. This is where so many guys go wrong and fail.

6 months is a very long time. An ample amount of time to get over past "chemistry"/feelings and go out with other guys.

You're literally running into a pitch black cave.

You've even said it yourself :facepalm:

I can forsee her ignoring you completely.

But I am 8 years older. Does that make a difference? And have a lot of "stuff" that she doesn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending