Help in seeking information on Universities.

Watch
Rudra Pillai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am from India and I am Planning to study law in UK.
I have received unconditional Offers from Newcastle University, University Of Southampton,University of Leicester and Bangor University.
I am really confused which university to short list and therefore seek help to finalize the University.
Thanks.
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rudra Pillai)
I have received unconditional Offers from Newcastle University, University Of Southampton,University of Leicester and Bangor University.
I am really confused which university to short list and therefore seek help to finalize the University.
Thanks.
Based on university reputation alone I would recommend Leicester and Southampton (I went there myself, but studied something else).

Although to be fair I'm not sure what the Law departments themselves are like at those unis.
Holmstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rudra Pillai)
Thanks.
Have you compared these courses on WhatUni and Unistats websites?
Rudra Pillai
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by nucdev)
Based on university reputation alone I would recommend Leicester and Southampton (I went there myself, but studied something else).

Although to be fair I'm not sure what the Law departments themselves are like at those unis.
Alright.Thanks a lot.
Oxfordians13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am a teacher in a UK school with a lot of Internatiional students, the advice I give is to consider how easy it will be to get there as well as reputation. Sothamton will be fairly easy to get to if you fly into London but the living costs for uni accommodation are quite high. Can you fly into Birmingham direct and then travel across to Leicester? Bangor is miles away from where you would want to be. Then I would look at the rankings for the uni and your subject.
foxyknoxy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I've been looking at Bangor and Leicester too! I've done the compare in Unistats for you:

Overall satisfaction: Bangor 94%; Leicester and Southampton = 83%; Newcastle = 91%. Bangor is also higher than the other three for all of the other questions on student support, feedback, teaching and stuff like that, but Newcastle has the highest score for the Students Union. Leicester has the highest score for employment/working (91%, where the other three are 90%), but also the highest % unemployed (6%) - go figure! Bangor has more coursework (44%, the other three are around 20%), so if you prefer exams to essays, you might prefer Leicester where it's only 19% coursework.

Hope that helps!! As someone said, distance from London might be a factor for you, Leicester's like an hour to London on the train whereas Bangor is three hours on the train. Good luck with making your choice!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed