The Student Room Group

Is a 19yo guy dating a 16yo girl weird?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by monk1324
Age difference too big?

Three year age difference isn't too big but there's something worrying about an adult going out with a school kid.
Reply 21
IMO 3 years is fine if both of you aren't in school any more. It's a bit weird otherwise ^^
It's not weird; I dated a 20 year old when I was 17 (same age gap) except 20 sounds a miiiiiiiile older than 19 :rofl:
Original post by Anonymous
Well I get called a pedo by my mates for liking her lmao. She's 15 and I'm 17,though I haven't liked a girl that much younger compared to me before, so I don't really know, it does look a bit odd seing me walk with a year 10 around school though(I'm her friend). I wonder what her mother would think if we started dating lol

Well you like her, you dont just want sex with her. Your mates are just bantering with you. If theyy thought the girl was a very very hot 15 y/o, they wouldnt care about her age tbh. If anything they will pretend she is 17 or something lol. Her mother could react any way tbh. Some mums would be excited, some would be worried whilst others would forbid a relationship until they are like 25 lmao
Age difference isn't too big. But the problem people may have is that she might be manipulated by this older guy and she's probably to young to understand this older guys needs or intentions
We had a similar debate to this thread in my law seminar
But personally I don't think it's bad for a 16 year old to date a 19 year old.
I don't have the time to be judging consenting adults for their relationship choices.
no it's not weird at all - you're both at the age of consent. I had a relationship with a 17 year old when I was 20 going on 21 and it was fine.
Reply 27
Just imagine the things her father would do to you if he caught you two together.
Reply 28
Original post by Ananaz
Just imagine the things her father would do to you if he caught you two together.

well her dad may be a care free lad for all we know
Reply 29
Extremely
Reply 30
I think that's fine???
Reply 31
Original post by Ananaz
I hope so.

i know my dad would think it was off, specially for year 10 and year 13.

but if a year 10 started going out with a year 13 i wouldn't really care (bc 1 / none of my business and 2/ i have beef with most of em so, that is a sort of partial justification of why i wouldn't care)
That's only 3 years hardly weird

I'm 18 and I've dated guys ranging from 16 to a 23 year old lmao...
Not really. But if I were you I wouldn't get myself involved with a 16 year old. Just don't.
my mum's friend was 16 and her partner was 40 when they met (25 years)
that's weird this is nothing by comparison
Its legal just do what you want lol.
Omg stop with these age threads!!!
Original post by sera_m8
i know my dad would think it was off, specially for year 10 and year 13.

but if a year 10 started going out with a year 13 i wouldn't really care (bc 1 / none of my business and 2/ i have beef with most of em so, that is a sort of partial justification of why i wouldn't care)

Do you think I could get away with it, as long as I didn't use her obviously.
Half your age add 7: that's the rule of thumb isn't it? So pretty borderline. But think at that age school years are more important than calendar years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think I could get away with it, as long as I didn't use her obviously.

is that like you're going to try and make it obvious that her using her or as long as you aren't using her, obviously (as in it's obvious that you're not going to just use her, soz that last bit made no sense)?
I mean yeah sure go ahead man, if you wanna go out with her then that is cool I guess haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending