Why do most females let themselves go in middle age?

Watch
mistyblue~
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
As men get older many work out at the gym constantly working on their fitness and keeping in shape. Women in general need to work harder with diet/fitness to stay in shape/keep the same muscle tone but I rarely see any that do, there are lots of women in the gym and running around the streets but even then not many are in shape as they are just playing at workouts. Most women don't bother at all and as a result are overweight. On the rare occasion I see an older woman in her late 40's/50's with a decent physique who lifts weights and she is almost talked about/admired by people because she is that uncommon. I get that not all women want to which is fine but some people (usually men) think that men age like wine, women age like milk but much of this is to do with the female population letting themselves go (probably lack of interest due to busy lifestyle/caring duties)You don't get an overweight bloke with a beer belly being called a hunk, its the same with women.
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Let's see you ladies wiggle your way out of this one :mmm:
khanpatel321
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Most women get lazy after child birth. They use it as an excuse. Source = My Mom
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mayhem™)
Let's see you ladies wiggle your way out of this one :mmm:
Its not about wiggling out, its just to show how much a good diet and fitness routine throughout life pays off. Women would generally feel a lot more confident about their body rather than feeling insecure all their lives, worrying about weight and fretting over which clothes make them look best. Women don't 'age like milk' they just dont keep on top of themselves.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because by then they've snared a man and borne fruit, so what's the point...
username1967813
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Middle aged women go through the menopause, which can lead to weight gain and the 'middle-aged spread'.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
Because by then they've snared a man and borne fruit, so what's the point...
You mean they have no incentive, I guess so but many married men who have had kids keep on top of their physique.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Lol at "many workout"

The majority of young men don't workout, as they get older they get even more out of shape. I don't know which country you're in but most older people in England are out of shape and lazy.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by connieiscrazy)
Middle aged women go through the menopause, which can lead to weight gain and the 'middle-aged spread'.
Yes its often (not always) harder for women to keep in shape, this is all the more reason to have some structured fitness routine and lift weights.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mistyblue~;[url="tel:61516473")
61516473[/url]]You mean they have no incentive, I guess so but many married men who have had kids keep on top of their physique.
I wasn't entirely serious I'm not even sure what you contend is true. Women do seem to age a bit more than men and the biology of child bearing seems to take a toll.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol at "many workout"

The majority of young men don't workout, as they get older they get even more out of shape. I don't know which country you're in but most older people in England are out of shape and lazy.
No you are right most people dont bother these are the ones who dont age well and then blame their accumulating health ailments on their age. There are more overweight women than overweight men (correct me if im wrong), due to biological makeup women do need to work harder to stay in shape.
User008
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Who cares?
MagicNMedicine
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is this one of these threads where OP makes an unsubstantiated assumption and people then give explanations for it.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zarek)
I wasn't entirely serious I'm not even sure what you contend is true. Women do seem to age a bit more than men and the biology of child bearing seems to take a toll.
Thats because they dont bother to get back in shape, once menopause is over women dont generally suffer that much more than men from the ageing effects, in fact if anything they live longer than men. After birth theres the scars and extra stomach skin but the body is still very capable of becomming toned and athletic looking, most women just dont seem to believe it.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Women don't care once they have kids. That's what most live for. I for one will not live the later years of my life with some disgrace.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by MagicNMedicine)
Is this one of these threads where OP makes an unsubstantiated assumption and people then give explanations for it.
What is the unsubstantiated assumption. Most women (and plenty men) are overweight (evidence all over NHS etc) and so have the control to improve their health, attractiveness and confidence.
mistyblue~
Rep:
?
(Original post by User008)
Who cares?
All the women who fret over being 'too big' and keep saying that they need to lose weight. Or is it all just something for them to moan about

If they want to stay larger thats fine if they are happy (and its not neccesarily unnatractive), but I hear so many women moaning that they are too big, saying they guilty about eating a packet of crisps etc.

At work all I hear is moan moan gossip all day.
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by khanpatel321)
Most women get lazy after child birth. They use it as an excuse. Source = My Mom
My mum uses the same excuse "I've had 4 kids." :sigh:
Ribbit1234
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cuz at that age there's no point. Kids/work and responsibilities means that they don't have the time to make themselves look as pretty. My cousins all stop making an effort after they have a kid, constantly look tired and don't go out as much and become boring. Most are in their mid twenties to early thirties
Zechs
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Because most everyday females are not models who get fit for a job, most everyday females are just trying to feed themselves and their kids. Not live up to your silly body expectations, as a female yourself you should really already know this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.04%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.76%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.35%
I need help with my personal statement (86)
41.55%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
25.12%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.73%

Watched Threads