The Student Room Group

Bank of England Proversity analytical exercise

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fumi
I can't access the portal but I am hoping that my score of 25 is enough to make the next stage.

What scheme is everyone applying to?

Economist is my no.1 and to be honest, probably the only scheme I would like to be considered for.
Reply 81
Original post by PPEStudent2307
Economist is my no.1 and to be honest, probably the only scheme I would like to be considered for.

Ohh nice! I applied for Technology but not sure if I will progress to the interview stage.

Also do you have an interview scheduled or did they simply inform you made the next stage?
Has anyone else not received an email and not able to login to their account? I got 11/38 to be fair so I don't really need further confirmation to be fair
Original post by Fumi
Ohh nice! I applied for Technology but not sure if I will progress to the interview stage.

Also do you have an interview scheduled or did they simply inform you made the next stage?

I only got 24 and progressed; I am assuming that it's a straight pass mark (60% ish) and you're through, but that's just me speculating. I haven't received any details via email yet, but it's probably because they're trying to sort out the logistics before sending out emails. Unfortunately, it seems many people can't access the careers portal through the link I used, but the application status is: "You have been invited complete a video interview.". On the correspondence section of the portal, it also has no record of an email sent, so I know it hasn't gone into my junk folder or anything.

Original post by rachel994
Has anyone else not received an email and not able to login to their account? I got 11/38 to be fair so I don't really need further confirmation to be fair

I don't think anyone has received an email. To access my account, I saved the login link from when I started the application. So for anyone desperate to find out their status, perhaps go through your browser history to the date you applied, and go to the all the links that start with "atsv7.wcn..." and eventually, you might reach a page that allows you to enter login details.

Original post by Lay-Z
I got 33, but still haven't heard anything back from them

I'm sure you're safe with 33. But like I said above, I don't think anyone has received emails. Maybe try what I suggested above to try and find your candidate portal perhaps? Admittedly, it's poor that we don't have easy access to our portal!
(edited 7 years ago)
When I log in I'm first taken to the PhD application, lol

Then when I click the other link that was posted here it says 'applicant status'. Then asks me to click on the vacancy link to review the status, but this link doesn't seem to exist on my page!
Reply 85
Original post by MrMusician95
When I log in I'm first taken to the PhD application, lol

Then when I click the other link that was posted here it says 'applicant status'. Then asks me to click on the vacancy link to review the status, but this link doesn't seem to exist on my page!

When I did it on my phone the link wasn't there, but it was when I tried it on my laptop.
Original post by gmd90
When I did it on my phone the link wasn't there, but it was when I tried it on my laptop.

What browser? I tried it on my laptop this morning :frown:
Reply 87
I only got 24 and progressed; I am assuming that it's a straight pass mark (60% ish) and you're through, but that's just me speculating. I haven't received any details via email yet, but it's probably because they're trying to sort out the logistics before sending out emails. Unfortunately, it seems many people can't access the careers portal through the link I used, but the application status is: "You have been invited complete a video interview.". On the correspondence section of the portal, it also has no record of an email sent, so I know it hasn't gone into my junk folder or anything.

Thanks for confirming, not much I can do at this point I suppose. It does make me feel better knowing you got an interview and I scored 25 so hopefully that means the same for me.
Reply 88
Original post by MrMusician95
What browser? I tried it on my laptop this morning :frown:

Chrome. Well, let's just hope that they will get in touch with us soon and there will be less agony of waiting.
The wait is just too annoying !
Reply 90
Email's out!
Original post by JogaBonito787
The wait is just too annoying !

All,

I just received an email from the recruitment team. They are facing technical difficulties to access our tests so we have to be patient.
Original post by seeyouatthebank

All,

I just received an email from the recruitment team. They are facing technical difficulties to access our tests so we have to be patient.

I got an email for the video interview request so you shouldn't wait too long - they probably want most people to complete it by a certain date because the interview deadline is 4th December and assessment centres only take place up until 13th December (according to the email).
Just got my invite !

Assessment Centres will take place until the 14th of December .

So they will move quickly after this.

Really wonder how many percent are left in the game.
For anyone that is concerned about their mark I got 11/38 and have a video interview so I have no idea what system they are using to sift but it is clearly ineffecient or it is a sift of entire applications!
Original post by JogaBonito787
Just got my invite !

Assessment Centres will take place until the 14th of December .

So they will move quickly after this.

Really wonder how many percent are left in the game.

Still haven't got an email?:frown: so scared
Reply 96
I got an email for the video interview request so you shouldn't wait too long - they probably want most people to complete it by a certain date because the interview deadline is 4th December and assessment centres only take place up until 13th December (according to the email).

I don't think that's the case. I just spoke to them on the phone and was told the graduate assessment centres are in 2017.
Reply 97
Original post by X10X10
I don't think that's the case. I just spoke to them on the phone and was told the graduate assessment centres are in 2017.

Well that's bizarre as in the email it states "Please note if you are successful in reaching the assessment centre stage these will be held between 29th November and 13th December 2016."
Reply 98
I absolutely tanked the boe test, only got the gold bar questions right and few others. Probaly got 17 marks in total. Just got invited for the online interview. Thing is i am not excited one bit about a summer internship at boe as I have other summer internship interviews and ACs.

Is a summer internship at boe a good thing? Is it more prestigious than an internship at hsbc for trading?

The salary at boe seems to be very low. Can someone give me motivation to keep on going through the process pls?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by Fumi
Well that's bizarre as in the email it states "Please note if you are successful in reaching the assessment centre stage these will be held between 29th November and 13th December 2016."

The email you just received for the video interview? That was not written in my video interview email. How strange.
Have you applied to the graduate scheme or post graduate scheme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending