How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Nintendo Wii) - Help!

Watch
FantasticMsFox
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Note: I posted this in the Gaming section of TSR on the 20th of December but received no replies so I decided to repost here.)

Hi! I hope everyone's well.

I got my How To Train Your Dragon 2 (Wii) game on the 18th of December and was excited to play it! On the 19th, I unwrapped it and all then started playing. After learning the controls (flying up and down, leaning left and right, etc), my task was to aim a plasma blast at Snotlout and Hookfang. It said that if I fly close enough, it will target them automatically and I can blast them. I tried blasting them many, many times but they weren't targeted automatically and the task hadn't finished. I tried again today but to no avail.

I've looked up gameplay videos but most of them are for PS3/PS4/XBOX. In those videos, the gamers managed to hit Snotlout and Hookfang with the automatic target. I think there was one gameplay video for the Wii and the automatic target thing worked for that gamer as well.

I've flown quite close to Snotlout and Hookfang yet the automatic target thing (which should look something like crosshairs) isn't showing up. Plus, Hookfang's flying seems to be all over the place.

Why isn't the automatic target thing working for me?

(If I can't get help from anyone, that means that I'll be stuck on blasting Snotlout and Hookfang without progressing through the game, which also means that I'll have to give the game back within 30 days of the purchase date since there would be no point in keeping a game that I can't progress in.)

(Thanks for taking the time to read this, by the way)
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol try gamefaqs you will find other 7 year olds there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
@Souljer
Game FAQs? Where's that? I've checked the Gaming sub-forum (under Entertainment) but there's no mention of FAQs there. Could you direct me to Game FAQs, please?

Oh, and by the way...I'm not 7. I'm a college student. There are many adults who are big fans of the How To Train Your Dragon (HTTYD) franchise.

When I was notified about a new reply, I was hoping to see that someone had given a solution to my problem. I guess not...

I contacted Nintendo on the 25th and asked them about my problem as well so hopefully I can get a reply before the New Year starts.
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
Bump...
Souljer
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Giveup

Posted from TSR Mobile
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, you're much better off looking at other forum sites, I don't think anyone will know the answer to your question for such an obscure game From the sounds of it, it sounds like a glitch. Look at game guides and walkthroughs, maybe you've missed something preliminary.
FantasticMsFox
Rep:
?
I tried again today, hoping that a "fresh and clear" mind might help me progress through the game. Turns out I had to HOLD the A button on the Wii Remote so that Toothless (the dragon) can aim a plasma blast at Hookfang (the other dragon), not PRESS it. *facepalm*
I managed to get through that task and start the actual game.

somemightsay888
Thank you for the advice, nonetheless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.54%
No - I have already returned home (64)
13.53%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.66%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.51%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed