Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language & Literature B - Unit 6: Critical Approaches - Pre Release watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1234)
    woah thats alot of notes! thanks alot that really helped!! i understand now! what did you both get 4 A.S?? im getting worried bout the exam now!!
    i got B in my AS, you?

(Original post by mandy_spring)
    is tituba actually mentioned in the text? (text 2)
    no, but part of context and background. also provides good link and theme.

ReputationRep:
    i got a B for AS, but only cnly coz my c/w was good. i'm crap at exams, got a low D in NTB1, then re-took it and got a B. PHEW. got a C in second exam and couldn't be bothered to re-take! you?

How did you feel about the shakespeare exam the other day?

ReputationRep:
    no, but part of context and background. also provides good link and theme.[/QUOTE]

yeah i agree, it does link well with text 4. is it ok to mention info that isn't actually in text though?

ReputationRep:
    I got a C! but i am hoping 4 a B this year but i doubt i'll get it!

ReputationRep:
    shakespeare exam went o.k I thought the extracts were quite good, but i ran outta time for the 2nd question!

ReputationRep:
    what did you both make of text 5? (DENNING)

all i can think about is picking up on his modern and flexible attitudes toward the law and his judgements. Would you say that he is quite unorthodox in his judgements as well "Denning understood the limits of reason and he was not afraid to contravene them...he gave his judgements in the pungent style he had made his own." ??

what do you think??

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree, it does link well with text 4. is it ok to mention info that isn't actually in text though?
    erm dont write it like that explicitly, when you talk about context you could bring that up, as just a way of biulding a link between text.

what did you both make of text 5? (DENNING)

all i can think about is picking up on his modern and flexible attitudes toward the law and his judgements. Would you say that he is quite unorthodox in his judgements as well "Denning understood the limits of reason and he was not afraid to contravene them...he gave his judgements in the pungent style he had made his own." ??

what do you think??
    Lord Denning is a ***** to do!!! AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH, i've got some notes on it but havent got round to them yet.

ReputationRep:
    text 5 is weird ive left it til last because it's impossible!! i thought i could use it to disscuss lawyers because he is idolised whereas others represenations in dickens and text 7 are more negative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1234)
    shakespeare exam went o.k I thought the extracts were quite good, but i ran outta time for the 2nd question!
    Oh no!! :eek: i made sure that i finished on time, as usually im so bad, so i made myself have a hour on each no matter what. i kept on looking at the clock every 2 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i picked up on that idea of holding lawyers/law in contempt or having respect for law.

at least we don't HAVE to talk about all of them, I'm starting to wonder what the unseens will be though! EEK! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shing_a_ding)
    Oh no!! :eek: i made sure that i finished on time, as usually im so bad, so i made myself have a hour on each no matter what. i kept on looking at the clock every 2 minutes!
    i planned on doing that when i went into the exam, but then i got totally carried away with extract one of S'speare and had little to no time to discuss the second extract!!!

i moved on to the second section on time though. Did you do Harry Potter?

What s'speare did you do? I did "Much ado".

ReputationRep:
    it wasnt that bad i just had to rush the end a bit! there was just 2 much 2 write in 2 hours!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i did much ado 2!! nah i did the other extracts the mother and children ones!

ReputationRep:
    i thought the Much Ado paper was OK, i just never feel as though i am actually answering the question of "how s'speare puts characteristics of everyday talk to dramatic effect"!

so i will probably come out with a U, as i babbled on for 5 pages, but never actually answered the question!! lol

many exams left for you to do?

ReputationRep:
    i did Othello and harry potter/football commentary.

ReputationRep:
    got media tuesday, dance thursday and drama nxt tuesday then im finished!!!! oh and general studies but that doesnt count! what u got?

ReputationRep:
    i did Othello and harry potter/football commentary.
    i did Harry Potter too, i felt i had a fair bit to say about it, mind you i will probably be proved wrong and get a crap mark. Oh well, fingers crossed!!

i have media 2moro, english tues, psych wed and media fri... but then i'm done!! YAY!!

so you have media and english on the same day?

ReputationRep:
    there is some very good information on http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/crucible. erm especially in the theme and motif section. have a look.

ReputationRep:
    no sorry i have got media 2moz im getting all confused!!
    is anyone else finding it hard 2 understand what the hell bleak house is about????????

ReputationRep:
    there is some very good information on http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/crucible. erm especially in the theme and motif section. have a look.
    Oh yeah that dies look helpful, thanx!

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.