Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Porsche 911
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
Are you looking for advice on which car to buy or are you asking what people would do if they have 25k to spend? If the former then you're being too vague to have any useful answers.
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by FXX)
Are you looking for advice on which car to buy or are you asking what people would do if they have 25k to spend? If the former then you're being too vague to have any useful answers.
a bit of both just here for inspiration!

(Original post by GeologyMaths)
Porsche 911
Is it reliable?
gary0
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Porsche 911
Do you mean a porsche cayman or boxter because I dont know anyone who would sell a 5 year old 911 for under 25k
I would personally say porsche cayenne, audi a7, bmw m3 (all second hand about 3-5 years old) or even just a brand new volkswagen scirocco
username2028267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Best car to buy for 20-25k?

Specifics
- Decent brand name
- Reliable
- Less than 5 years old

Over to you guys!
If you want something reliable, get a japanese car.
What type of car are looking into? Sedan or SUV?
2013-recent Lexus GS250-400h is a very good car. Are japanese car parts are expensive in the UK?
I live in UAE and Lexus cars are very popular over here. I really don't know about european cars and their market
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Azhar Rana)
If you want something reliable, get a japanese car.
2013-recent Lexus GS250-400h. Are japanese car parts are expensive in the UK?
I live in UAE and Lexus cars are very popular over here. I really don't know about european cars
Lexus are around here not sure about parts but heard they're pretty reliable just not very popular.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by gary0)
Do you mean a porsche cayman or boxter because I dont know anyone who would sell a 5 year old 911 for under 25k
I would personally say porsche cayenne, audi a7, bmw m3 (all second hand about 3-5 years old) or even just a brand new volkswagen scirocco
Like the Porsche Cayman
username2028267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lexus are around here not sure about parts but heard they're pretty reliable just not very popular.
This video says it all. Old lexus had stellar reliability but I doubt the newer ones.
Devify
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I love Lexus cars :3 from reviews they also seem to be some of the better quality and more reliable ones. And you could get a pretty good used one for that amount. Not sure of the current models so can't say if you could get a new one. Last time I checked they were at at least 30-40k

Posted from TSR Mobile
dhr90
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
mk3 Focus ST would come in that price range, as would a mk2 focus RS I believe.
username2028267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Devify)
I love Lexus cars :3 from reviews they also seem to be some of the better quality and more reliable ones. And you could get a pretty good used one for that amount. Not sure of the current models so can't say if you could get a new one. Last time I checked they were at at least 30-40k

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lexus are silky smooth to drive. Try placing a glass full of water on the engine and rev the V8 to 4500 rpm, it would't even shake, these are that smooth.
3-5 year old lexus cost like 18-25K so its in the given budget.
username2269391
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Specifics
- Decent brand name
- Reliable
- Less than 5 years old

Over to you guys!
BMW 3 series!.. you can get a turbo diesel which are generally the most reliable, most economical and most fun cuz of the engine kick.

for 20 grand you can get a 2013 model or for 25 grand you could probably get a 2015 model so that's as good as it gets!

other options are Audi a5 or a6 which are a tad more expensive so youd be looking at a 2011-2013 model in your price range

or a Mercedes C-class you could actually get a really good one for 25k, probably a 2015 model but personally i think they look a bit 'middle-aged-man' ish compared to the bmw
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
BMW 3 series!.. you can get a turbo diesel which are generally the most reliable, most economical and most fun cuz of the engine kick.

for 20 grand you can get a 2013 model or for 25 grand you could probably get a 2015 model so that's as good as it gets!

other options are Audi a5 or a6 which are a tad more expensive so youd be looking at a 2011-2013 model in your price range

or a Mercedes C-class you could actually get a really good one for 25k, probably a 2015 model but personally i think they look a bit 'middle-aged-man' ish compared to the bmw
Great post Have heard only bad things about BMWs though but Audis look amazing inside. I have the C Class currently.
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Specifics
- Decent brand name
- Reliable
- Less than 5 years old

Over to you guys!
i'd got a little older as that where the real nice ones start out say mid/late-00's maserati quattroporte same for the bentley continental gt for a touch more money
but you can get a mustang in that age range for less than the money and some specialities from 2003 the cadillac escalade AND a mercedes clk black amg with a thousand in change afterwards so thats my suggestions
exDel0
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
2010 Mustang GT custom.
Mayhem™
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a tricycle
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Porsche 911
Is it reliable?
Not in my experience.
CAElite
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ummm, there are a LOT of cars for 25k

First, what type of car do you want? Sports? SUV? Saloon? Big family car? Small 2 seater?
Second, Do running costs matter? MPG/Servicing?
Third, Why are you asking for advice for a 25k car on a student forum, I know there are a couple of us who have experience with cars but its few and far between. Do a What Car on Pistoheads and I can guarentee you will get a better result. Unless ofcourse you are part of the Awesome Genius crew who just want to gloat that they have money.
username2028267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CAElite)
Ummm, there are a LOT of cars for 25k

First, what type of car do you want? Sports? SUV? Saloon? Big family car? Small 2 seater?
Second, Do running costs matter? MPG/Servicing?
Third, Why are you asking for advice for a 25k car on a student forum, I know there are a couple of us who have experience with cars but its few and far between. Do a What Car on Pistoheads and I can guarentee you will get a better result. Unless ofcourse you are part of the Awesome Genius crew who just want to gloat that they have money.
What do you think of Older lexus cars? I want to have one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.85%
No (430)
66.15%

Watched Threads