The Student Room Group

How to revise for C3 maths???

I struggled through a few chapters of the book but they are so mind bogglingly tedious that I find it so demotivating to start again. Is there a quicker way to revise in time for mocks (first week of Jan)?

I tried a couple of past papers and my weak point is Trig and expotential functions but there's so many questions that I don't even know how to start. It's really overwhelming.
Thank you!
Reply 1
If it was me the quickest way i would see it is to go through all the mixed exercises and questions you get stuck on watch an exam solution video on it in order to complete it or post it on the TSR, going through each mixed exercise until you've done them all. Then spam past papers going through your mistakes and understanding where you went wrong.

Your weak points are trig and expotential functions? For trig i'd learn the CAST diagarm and know that most identities can be found out by rearranging sin^2 + cos^2 = 1, by dividing by cos or sin. For expotential functions learn all the ln rules and that if e^x = 2, ln2 = x.

Hope this helps if you're doing AQA, it's just from personal experience you can feel free to adapt it how you like, just a few ideas good luck
For exponentials just use that dodgy method of 'log both sides'.
It works cause ln is just log base e.

solid advice from sayless on trig. What I do for trig is write down the 3 main trig identities then look for a common term. Then rearrange that identity for that term.
Start from the easier questions in the book from the topics that you're finding difficult and work through the questions. Boring, it can be, but most of the time revision is boring like that.
Look at the mark schemes and see where you went wrong. Also look at your class notes at how to work something out.

I can help in PM's.
Reply 5
The only way to get better is to practice and identify what you actually don't understand. It's easy to say you don't get exponentials but you need to find out what exactly you don't understand about exponentials and then work on that. You have to get to the root of the problems. The only way to be fully prepared for exams in maths is to completely know and understand everything.
Original post by DedicatedWizard
I struggled through a few chapters of the book but they are so mind bogglingly tedious that I find it so demotivating to start again. Is there a quicker way to revise in time for mocks (first week of Jan)?

I tried a couple of past papers and my weak point is Trig and expotential functions but there's so many questions that I don't even know how to start. It's really overwhelming.
Thank you!

Asuna I'm always here for you <3
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
Asuna I'm always here for you <3

Didn't expect to see you again! :colondollar:
Original post by DedicatedWizard
Didn't expect to see you again! :colondollar:

ofc you would you're my Asuna :smile: you should message me :frown:
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
ofc you would you're my Asuna :smile: you should message me :frown:

I will one day :smile:

Quick Reply