Drug Receptors - Where to find info?

Watch this thread
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey Guys;

Well, I need help on the following;

Ligand Gated Ion Receptors
G-Protein Coupled Receptors
cAMP System
Kinase Receptors

I am currently using the book "Rang and Dale's Pharmacology" but, it really just goes into generics and no real detail needed because these are potential 20 markers... =(

Does anyone know a good website/video/book I can use to learn these in enough depth for, what is basically a short essay?
Or if anyone has any notes or has access to some, would they mind helping me out please?

Exam is on the 15th of January.
Asklepios
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Hey Guys;

Well, I need help on the following;

Ligand Gated Ion Receptors
G-Protein Coupled Receptors
cAMP System
Kinase Receptors

I am currently using the book "Rang and Dale's Pharmacology" but, it really just goes into generics and no real detail needed because these are potential 20 markers... =(

Does anyone know a good website/video/book I can use to learn these in enough depth for, what is basically a short essay?
Or if anyone has any notes or has access to some, would they mind helping me out please?

Exam is on the 15th of January.
Alberts et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell
Scienceisgood
Rep:
(Original post by Asklepios)
Alberts et al., Molecular Biology of the Cell
Thank you, rep for you good sir. =)
thegodofgod
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Thank you, rep for you good sir. =)
Yeah: Alberts B et al. (2010) Essential Cell Biology. 3rd ed. New York: Garland Science. (Chapter 16: 531-570).

That has some very pretty pictures
Scienceisgood
Rep:
(Original post by thegodofgod)
Yeah: Alberts B et al. (2010) Essential Cell Biology. 3rd ed. New York: Garland Science. (Chapter 16: 531-570).

That has some very pretty pictures
I actually have the 4th Edition and never actually thought of using that because it was used in a module which I did last year... =l
It was titled "Cell Biochemistry and Genetics", however, never actually thought of a link between that and my current module "Drugs and Disease"...

Thanks. =)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads