The Student Room Group

How to use Passmedicine effectively

Hi,

I've started using Passmedicine and was wondering what technique is best use to make the most of it. Do I use knowledge tutor first and then go to questions? Is there a good method? Is it worth learning all the notes too?

Should I also get Onexamination, which I hear is good
I would use up all the questions on one before buying another one. You will be able to finish all the questions if you use these things well.

Personally I go through questions rather than the knowledge tutor and I copy/paste the information they give you about the answer into word documents by category. Then at the end of it I have for example a Word Document that contains all of the facts from all of the questions about SVT or liver function test abnormalities etc., and I can use those to revise from. Whenever I then get a question wrong (I usually reset the question bank after I'd finished all the Qs once) then I'd refer to that whole document and therefore revise all of Passmedicine's knowledge from all of the topics.

Yeah it's worth learning all the notes. I mean, why else are you doing it except for to learn.
Reply 2
I hate knowledge tutor (but my friends love it). I tend to pick an area, then do a few questions on it. I tend to do around 3 questions a day when no exam is imminent, but a huge amount closer to the exam. I also take much more detailed notes on the bottom of the page, as passmedicine, whilst great for NICE guidelines and first line management, is pretty poor on the basic science and the detail behind it.
Reply 3
What university are you guys at? Does it match some medical school exam papers better than others?

(Manchester student here, not sure how beneficial it was for me last year)
Reply 4
is it good for first year medical students?
Original post by Jeeva28

No, it's aimed at finalists (or at the least, clinical students).
Original post by Jeeva28

I would advise starting to use it in your first year of *clinical* medicine. Don't wait til final year to use it, but don't bother with it at all if you're still in pre-clin.
Reply 7
How many questions per day are people doing? Overheard a guy in my year say a ridiculous amount today.. Just want to know how much most people do during the build up to exams
Original post by tpxvs
How many questions per day are people doing? Overheard a guy in my year say a ridiculous amount today.. Just want to know how much most people do during the build up to exams

I used to finish all the questions for all the topics relevant to my exam. Makes sense to me :P Then I'd re-set and keep doing them concentrating on the weak spots. Never did X a day though, used to do passmed marathons and blitz a subject area all at once instead.
Reply 9
Original post by seaholme
I used to finish all the questions for all the topics relevant to my exam. Makes sense to me :P Then I'd re-set and keep doing them concentrating on the weak spots. Never did X a day though, used to do passmed marathons and blitz a subject area all at once instead.

How do you reset it? And what do you mean by this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 41jms
How do you reset it? And what do you mean by this?

If you use up all the questions, you can re-set them (and so start again) I think on the personal account settings page or something.
Reply 11
Hy,I have got a big big problem.Actually i was trying to see my wrong questions but unfortunately i have reset my question/answer histroy.Now i don’t have enought time to go through all 2300 questions again.Is there any way i can get back to my previous record.Waiting for your reply😢😢
Original post by Xooni.h
Hy,I have got a big big problem.Actually i was trying to see my wrong questions but unfortunately i have reset my question/answer histroy.Now i don’t have enought time to go through all 2300 questions again.Is there any way i can get back to my previous record.Waiting for your reply😢😢

Why don't you email the passmedicine people themselves and see if they can help you.

Quick Reply

Latest