The Student Room Group

Thinking of an online MBA, advice please? Heiot Watt/Drexel/PSU/ASU

Hi there.

I am thinking of applying for a couple of online MBA programmes but am unsure which ones to go for and their reputation etc. The three I am looking at at the moment are Arizona State University, Penn State and Drexel. The former two business schools and MBA programmes tend to all rank inside the top 100 in the FT rankings and all three are accredited MBA programmes.

The other one I am looking is Heriot Watt but I am put off by the fact they seem to be an unaccredited programme.

Could anyone offer me some advice or input on the reputation of these programmes? Thanks.
Where are you based? How did you shortlist those particular universities? How much work experience do you have? Why online courses only? Have you done GMAT? This will help us tailor our advice.
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
Where are you based? How did you shortlist those particular universities? How much work experience do you have? Why online courses only? Have you done GMAT? This will help us tailor our advice.

Do you have anything to say about the four programmes and business schools mentioned above?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jazzy Foot
Do you have anything to say about the four programmes and business schools mentioned above?

Your first post asked for advice. I was prepared to offer some, tailored depending upon your answers to my questions. But I won't now, as you're coming across as rather arrogant and impatient.

Yes, I do have an MBA, so I know something about the application process.
Reply 4
Original post by Duncan2012
Way to go, p1ss off someone who was actually prepared to help you. If you ever make it on to an MBA (which seems unlikely, given your attitude) you'll find that building relationships is a rather important soft skill to have. I won't waste my time replying to you again in this thread.

You just come across as a sad twerp with nothing better to do with his spare time but pick arguments with people over the Internet.
Original post by Jazzy Foot
Hi there.

I am thinking of applying for a couple of online MBA programmes but am unsure which ones to go for and their reputation etc. The three I am looking at at the moment are Arizona State University, Penn State and Drexel. The former two business schools and MBA programmes tend to all rank inside the top 100 in the FT rankings and all three are accredited MBA programmes.

The other one I am looking is Heriot Watt but I am put off by the fact they seem to be an unaccredited programme.

Could anyone offer me some advice or input on the reputation of these programmes? Thanks.

Have you considered Bradford online MBA programme? Bradford is ranked 11th in the UK as a top 50 European Business School...this alongside a top 10 worldwide Executive MBA ranking. Have a look...
http://www.rdi.co.uk/master-of-business-administration-mba/

There is still time to apply for the January intake :smile:
Hi Jazzy Foot,
My name is David Kelly and i'm the Marketing Manager at Edinburgh Business School. Edinburgh Business School is the Graduate School of Business at Heriot-Watt University. Accreditation is a term which is used differently in education systems internationally. It’s important that our prospective students and indeed students have confidence in the integrity of the award they are signing up for, and for our programmes this is guaranteed by virtue of the status of Heriot-Watt University’s as a Royal Charter institution. The Royal Charter which is issued by the UK Government and which Heriot-Watt University received in 1966 gives the degree recognition right across the world. We at the School spend a lot of time making sure our programmes are recognised by different ministries of education around the world and that the outcome is valued and recognised and this is something which we take very seriously. You can find more details about Accreditation on our website at https://www.ebsglobal.net/about-us/accreditation.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the programme further you can contact me directly at [email protected] or by phone on +44(0)131 451 4482 or any of our Student Advisors at [email protected] or by phone on +44(0)131 451 3090.
Reply 7
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Hi Jazzy Foot,
My name is David Kelly and i'm the Marketing Manager at Edinburgh Business School. Edinburgh Business School is the Graduate School of Business at Heriot-Watt University. Accreditation is a term which is used differently in education systems internationally. It’s important that our prospective students and indeed students have confidence in the integrity of the award they are signing up for, and for our programmes this is guaranteed by virtue of the status of Heriot-Watt University’s as a Royal Charter institution. The Royal Charter which is issued by the UK Government and which Heriot-Watt University received in 1966 gives the degree recognition right across the world. We at the School spend a lot of time making sure our programmes are recognised by different ministries of education around the world and that the outcome is valued and recognised and this is something which we take very seriously. You can find more details about Accreditation on our website at https://www.ebsglobal.net/about-us/accreditation.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the programme further you can contact me directly at [email protected] or by phone on +44(0)131 451 4482 or any of our Student Advisors at [email protected] or by phone on +44(0)131 451 3090.

The impressions that I get though is that unless the MBA programme is recognised by one of AMBA, EQUIS or AACSB, it's not worth doing?
The online Bradford MBA is 'Triple Crown' which means it has all of these (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB)...Bradford University School of Management is also ranked as one of the world’s Top 200 Business Schools that employers want to recruit from. http://www.rdi.co.uk/master-of-business-administration-mba/
Original post by Heriot-Watt University
Accreditation is a term which is used differently in education systems internationally.

Perhaps, but in the context of an MBA 'accreditation' is usually taken to mean AMBA/EQUIS/AACSB. Can I ask if there are any particular reasons EBS has not sought one (or more) of those accreditations for your MBA courses to date? Thank you.
Reply 10
Original post by RDI Online
The online Bradford MBA is 'Triple Crown' which means it has all of these (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB)...Bradford University School of Management is also ranked as one of the world’s Top 200 Business Schools that employers want to recruit from. http://www.rdi.co.uk/master-of-business-administration-mba/

True but ASU and Penn State's MBA programmes are ranked well inside the top 100 of the MBA rankings and seem to have a better track record in IB/Finance.

My question is what would the Bradford programme have to offer above and beyond the two mentioned programmes aside from costs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending