pixiefuller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am doing the AQA A specification and I have a mock exam soon on the topics:
Coasts, Population change, The Restless Earth and Changing Urban Environments

I'm finding it really difficult memorising so much information because I can't write notes on the topics like I usually do as I don't have any resource which has all the information I need. I have tried flashcards but I get bored of them easily and I find that mindmaps take too long.

So how do you revise geography?
And do you know any really good resources for the topics mentioned which can help me get a good grade?

P.S. sorry for the typo in the title :P
RoseWilson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A slight variation on flash cards but try wiring down a key facts box for each case study.
highlight
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pixiefuller)

I'm finding it really difficult memorising so much information because I can't write notes on the topics like I usually do as I don't have any resource which has all the information I need. I have tried flashcards but I get bored of them easily and I find that mindmaps take too long.

And do you know any really good resources for the topics mentioned which can help me get a good grade?

I also do geography , but I do edexcel. I was in a similar position about resources but if you type into google "aqa A geography gcse revision guide pdf" or on those lines you'll get some great resources.
I found these for example: http://www.oaklands.hants.sch.uk/_si...F07DFC2C54.pdf
http://fhs.essex.sch.uk/students/rev...raphy-revision
http://www.chewvalleyschool.co.uk/Re...20Revision.pdf
https://internationalgeographer.file...guide_2012.pdf
If you search what you need, you'll probably find it. Some of these notes are really good and better than whats in a revision guide.
You could also do mindmaps with diagrams and different mind maps for case studies. Thats what I do with coloured pens.
Then just do past papers.
username2298253
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Practice cutting and sticking as well as you can
SuperHuman98
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

BBC Bitesize is very good for geography

Also im guessi g CGP book

Also ask your teacher for reosources we were given a booklet with all the theory 2months before our exams

Make sure you are learning and understand what you are learning. Just learn it and then teach it to yourself by memory or write it by memory. And Exam questions are very useful for geography find past papers,

also make sure you know all the case studies. ASK your teacher for a sheet will everything you need to know for each case study
nisha.sri
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

BBC Bitesize and you could try buying workbooks online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?