What happens to the animals in Amazon Rainforest after Slash & burn , burn alive ??

Watch
I love life
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Amazon Jungle was once largest Rainforest on earth. Every SECOND an area the size of a football pitch is destroyed. there is a huge road in the centre of the Amazon for cars that runs the entire length of the jungle, thousands of animals are killed each year by cars. a massive area of jungle was logged to make way for the Olympic games a few years ago and also to make roads for getting there.

the Amazon now suffers many dry-up's and severe droughts because of humans. in 2004 alone an area larger than the country Wales was deforested, several months later the whole Amazon suffered a huge drought .

The Amazon rainforest looks and sounds much more like a construction site these days, nothing but pure devastation and carnage in almost most of the Amazon now for as far as the eye can see no forest is seen is some parts.

MY QUESION

What happens to the animals after people slash & burn the Amazon rainforest ? as soon as people set fire to the trees thousands of trees will burn in flames within seconds or minutes and almost no animal can escape in time.
what about the monkeys in the trees, tigers roaming below and elephants, birds, snakes , and other exotic animals, do they all get instantly consumed by the burning fire and burned alive ?

it is so extremely sad and knowing there is not going to be an end to it until the whole forest is destroyed is very sad indeed
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by I love life)
Amazon Jungle was once largest Rainforest on earth. Every SECOND an area the size of a football pitch is destroyed. there is a huge road in the centre of the Amazon for cars that runs the entire length of the jungle, thousands of animals are killed each year by cars. a massive area of jungle was logged to make way for the Olympic games a few years ago and also to make roads for getting there.

the Amazon now suffers many dry-up's and severe droughts because of humans. in 2004 alone an area larger than the country Wales was deforested, several months later the whole Amazon suffered a huge drought .

The Amazon rainforest looks and sounds much more like a construction site these days, nothing but pure devastation and carnage in almost most of the Amazon now for as far as the eye can see no forest is seen is some parts.

MY QUESION

What happens to the animals after people slash & burn the Amazon rainforest ? as soon as people set fire to the trees thousands of trees will burn in flames within seconds or minutes and almost no animal can escape in time.
what about the monkeys in the trees, tigers roaming below and elephants, birds, snakes , and other exotic animals, do they all get instantly consumed by the burning fire and burned alive ?

it is so extremely sad and knowing there is not going to be an end to it until the whole forest is destroyed is very sad indeed
Saw this thread nd my first thought was:

"the average person probably cares more about whether rain is going to impact their delivery from amazon, than they do about the amazon rainforestt"
I love life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zweihander)
Saw this thread nd my first thought was:

"the average person probably cares more about whether rain is going to impact their delivery from amazon, than they do about the amazon rainforestt"
the sad thing is, you are right
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Some animals will be burnt, yes. Others may be able to run, or be hunting etc elsewhere - tigers, for example, have huge hunting grounds of around 50 square miles, so if the fire is at one end and they're at the other they might not be burnt. But then they have the secondary problem of lack of hunting ground, so can die from lack of food or fights with other tigers if two tigers want the same hunting area (actually, I have no idea if tigers even live in the Amazon rainforest, as my dissertation was on Indonesian rainforest deforestation. But even if not, my point still stands as other animals have large hunting grounds too).
I love life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
Some animals will be burnt, yes. Others may be able to run, or be hunting etc elsewhere - tigers, for example, have huge hunting grounds of around 50 square miles, so if the fire is at one end and they're at the other they might not be burnt. But then they have the secondary problem of lack of hunting ground, so can die from lack of food or fights with other tigers if two tigers want the same hunting area (actually, I have no idea if tigers even live in the Amazon rainforest, as my dissertation was on Indonesian rainforest deforestation. But even if not, my point still stands as other animals have large hunting grounds too).
thank you for your reply

It is truly awful how people treat animals and the environment.

Can you imagine a monkey in a tree happily sitting on the branches, the next minutes the poor monkey is engulfed by a raging fire and burned to death in excruciating pain.

It's like everybody has given up on trying to save the Amazon as too much damages has already occurred there
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by I love life)
thank you for your reply

It is truly awful how people treat animals and the environment.

Can you imagine a monkey in a tree happily sitting on the branches, the next minutes the poor monkey is engulfed by a raging fire and burned to death in excruciating pain.

It's like everybody has given up on trying to save the Amazon as too much damages has already occurred there
One of the problems is that deforestation provides vital income for the people that live there. They can get a job actually doing the deforestation, and then afterwards can work on the plantations that are created. Without this, the people would struggle to live. And if the choice is do you die or does the monkey die, it's not easy to say you won't kill the monkey. And even if one person did, another person would still carry on.

And if the government bans deforestation they've suddenly got thousands of people out of work, and many will not have skills to do anything else.

Then consumers are demanding lower prices. The land cleared can be used for palm oil or beef or quick growing wood. There's income from the bits of trees that grew in the rainforest and are chopped down.
I love life
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
One of the problems is that deforestation provides vital income for the people that live there. They can get a job actually doing the deforestation, and then afterwards can work on the plantations that are created. Without this, the people would struggle to live. And if the choice is do you die or does the monkey die, it's not easy to say you won't kill the monkey. And even if one person did, another person would still carry on.

And if the government bans deforestation they've suddenly got thousands of people out of work, and many will not have skills to do anything else.

Then consumers are demanding lower prices. The land cleared can be used for palm oil or beef or quick growing wood. There's income from the bits of trees that grew in the rainforest and are chopped down.
You are right and I have heard that before, deforestation prvodes jobs jobs and helps feed the hungry children and so many people seem to support deforestation more and more these days
so many people worldwide now support deforestation because it's helpng give people jobs and so many people don't give a **** about the rainforests anymore.

it's all going to be deforestated within so many years aNYWAY, it's just going to be agriculture and farming and no rainforest left.

one question.

are you in favour of logging/burning of the rainforest ? yes or no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (171)
44.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.08%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.25%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (37)
9.54%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed