The Student Room Group

Revising maths?!?!?!?!

I have just finished my first semester studying maths, and I have 5 exams in January (lucky me). Can anyone give me any advice on revising for the exams? I don't want to learn the hard way and have to resit all the exams, and I don't want to waste my time on bad revision techniques
Original post by gdickinson_
I have just finished my first semester studying maths, and I have 5 exams in January (lucky me). Can anyone give me any advice on revising for the exams? I don't want to learn the hard way and have to resit all the exams, and I don't want to waste my time on bad revision techniques

If your lecturer has provided any advice for the exam then it is best to follow that.

At the uni I go to they can test you on short proofs (and slightly longer than short but not long proofs) though it's important that you understand/can use of all of the results.

Problem sheets are a great source of practice (and the same questions may or may not come up in the exam, it has happened in one or two of my exams :tongue:) as well as the actual exam papers.

Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest