The Student Room Group

Why does TUMBLR allow racist/nazi/xenophobic pages to stay up?

Shouldn't they delete these pages?

I just stumbled across a 'white pride' page filled with unspeakable things pertaining to hitler and skinheads that I'm left gobsmacked and deeply shaken. How are these pages up?

Scroll to see replies

Tumblr allows kill all men and kill white people pages up too.

It's hell.
Reply 2
The same reason they allow black power pages with people preaching to "stay woke"

freedom of speech.
I agree, it's awful. I heard Tumblr has a new community site called Stormfront.com, you could try going on there, it's very friendly :smile:
Original post by harinimnida

It's hell.

so do u frequent it often? I'm a bit of a noob cause I only really started using the website over the last month before that I only heard good things about it.

I follow mostly the music related pages but I stumbled on this nazi one by mistake.

Is it possible to report these pages if so how?
Original post by tealites
The same reason they allow black power pages with people preaching to "stay woke"

freedom of speech.

There's nothing xenophobic about #blacklivesmatter related pages because they are communicating positivity whereas these racist white pages are full on nazi and hitler worship. The two are not even comparable. The fact that you'd equate a page that is empowering black people, who need empowerment, to a nazi loving/skinhead page that is promoting lynching is preposterous and deeply telling of your character.
Original post by Danny McCoyne

I just stumbled across a 'white pride' page filled with unspeakable things pertaining to hitler and skinheads that I'm left gobsmacked and deeply shaken. How are these pages up?

It's truly a mystery, then again the fact that you are allowed on TSR is just as much of a mystery.
Reply 7
Not not at all. It doesn't tell much about my character. I am a woman of colour myself.

Look, if somebody wants to have a page full of xenophobic material, fine. That's fair game. I don't have to read or watch any of their stuff. Simple. Whether or not those pages are up, there are ALWAYS going to be people who are racists, anti-jew, anti-Mexican, anti-whatever. You can't just live in this bubble where you're wounded by every hurtful thing that's out of your control.
There's nothing xenophobic about #blacklivesmatter related pages because they are communicating positivity whereas these racist white pages are full on nazi and hitler worship. The two are not even comparable. The fact that you'd equate a page that is empowering black people, who need empowerment, to a nazi loving/skinhead page that is promoting lynching is preposterous and deeply telling of your character.
Reply 8

Because freedom of speech
Because Tumblr is rubbish tbh.
Original post by harinimnida

It's hell.

Tumblr is cancer and should be destroyed
Rightly or wrongly, freedom of speech.
Original post by Nephthys

tumblr is single handedly responsible for the downfall of western society
I agree, but I can't find myself to delete my tumblr. It's the only place I can find pretty landscape and baking photos to use as desktop wallpaper xD
Original post by Nephthys
Original post by tealites
Not not at all. It doesn't tell much about my character. I am a woman of colour myself.

Look, if somebody wants to have a page full of xenophobic material, fine. That's fair game. I don't have to read or watch any of their stuff. Simple. Whether or not those pages are up, there are ALWAYS going to be people who are racists, anti-jew, anti-Mexican, anti-whatever. You can't just live in this bubble where you're wounded by every hurtful thing that's out of your control.

Right off the bat, I don't believe that you're black - there are plenty of white people who claim to be black online in a bid to gain some semblance of credibility to their arguments so I'll need proof.

I simply don't believe that a black woman of all people is nonchalant about the ubiquitous xenophobia out there and thinks it's 'fine' especially considering the fact that black women are the most downtrodden and disenfranchised category of people in the world.

If anybody is living in a bubble it's you because you're living with your eyes wide shut and pretending like some people are not fighting against you, fighting to kill you because they believe that you're subhuman. It's one thing to surrender to the notion that there will always be racism and anti black sentiment out there but it's another thing to completely pretend like it's okay that some people are anti black in 2015 especially when you're black yourself.

I don't even know what to say to you if I'm going to be honest but if you're truly a black woman I would tell you to love yourself and I would ask you what happened in your childhood to have made you lack this much self-esteem.

I want to recommend this book to you because I feel it would help you deal with your resigned temperament

It's called freedom of speech, not all people are so authoritarian.
Welp. I can't help you there.
I'm an East African Muslim girl studying in London. Whether or not you want to believe that is your prerogative.

Funnily enough, I don't personally feel like I've been treated differently or badly by people because of my ethnicity. I grew up abroad in an area quite close to Chinatown, so a lot of the kids I grew up with were predominantly Asian, and being black or white was significantly a minority. But all of us kids got along great, and I honestly can say that as a child, have never personally felt hurt/discriminated against for being black. As a teenager, again, race never came into play. I worried about getting pimples, crooked teeth, not being "cool" at school - quite normal insecurities - none of which had to do with my colour.

It's funny that you're considering me to have low-self esteem considering you don't know me at all in person. If anything, you might be the one with low self-esteem. Someone with low-self esteem as a black person is the one who will constantly have to point out that they are the only black person at a party or in a certain class. You can be just as equal as that Indian girl or that white boy. It only comes down to your attitude and how you behave around others.
Right off the bat, I don't believe that you're black - there are plenty of white people who claim to be black online in a bid to gain some semblance of credibility to their arguments so I'll need proof.

Honestly, your colour is only an issue if you CHOOSE to make it an issue.

I simply don't believe that a black woman of all people is nonchalant about the ubiquitous xenophobia out there and thinks it's 'fine' especially considering the fact that black women are the most downtrodden and disenfranchised category of people in the world.

If anybody is living in a bubble it's you because you're living with your eyes wide shut and pretending like some people are not fighting against you, fighting to kill you because they believe that you're subhuman. It's one thing to surrender to the notion that there will always be racism and anti black sentiment out there but it's another thing to completely pretend like it's okay that some people are anti black in 2015 especially when you're black yourself.

I don't even know what to say to you if I'm going to be honest but if you're truly a black woman I would tell you to love yourself and I would ask you what happened in your childhood to have made you lack this much self-esteem.

I want to recommend this book to you because I feel it would help you deal with your resigned temperament

is OP trolling?
Seriously, having a victim mentality all the time is not healthy.
Original post by BWV1007
Seriously, having a victim mentality all the time is not healthy.

Victim blaming!!!!

Quick Reply