Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hellsbells)
    Oops sorry. But atleast you have a modular system, so you can walk into an exam knowing you only need a C to get an A overall... imagine the pressure of a single exam determining your entire grade
    That is nice. Ah well, for all the faults of the two systems, lets hope everyone gets what they need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    That is nice. Ah well, for all the faults of the two systems, lets hope everyone gets what they need.
    Definitely

ReputationRep:
    ha i beat you all - my offer is effectively AAAAB (oh they're so kind)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    That's what you get for applying for Cambridge. They have a positive fetish about this sort of thing. Someone from my school got a AAAA offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    When do you find out the exact interview dates? Do Cam write to you after you've applied or something?
    While the exact details of the letter may vary from college to college I'd imagine ALL colleges would give you a date at least. Sidney sent me a letter telling me the day, the time, who would be conducting the interview, where they'd be doing it and a little map to prevent me from getting lost and ending up wandering back and forth along King's Street all day.

Uh... so yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faboba)
    While the exact details of the letter may vary from college to college I'd imagine ALL colleges would give you a date at least. Sidney sent me a letter telling me the day, the time, who would be conducting the interview, where they'd be doing it and a little map to prevent me from getting lost and ending up wandering back and forth along King's Street all day.

Uh... so yes.
    Oh, absolutely, of course you get a proper invitation to interview, with all the information you could possibly need, but that won't arrive immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thankyou to you both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)

Which college made that offer? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    emma.....obviously they dont want me, but if i managed to get those grades they'd rather not see me at another uni :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    OMG, poor you! I shall now stop moaning about my offer That is seriously harsh.

Good luck with exams!

ReputationRep:
    its going ok atm - so far i've secured 2 As for sure (the exams went really well), and a third A - i have one more module in that subject to take, but i only need an ok-ish mark (50% will do i think) to secure that third A. That leaves one more A and a B at least - i'm aiming for two A's of course from those, but i dont know if i can get that, the modules are proving tough - non the less i feel like i'm on course to get what they're asking for, just gotta keep grinding away at it!

ReputationRep:
    Eeeek! What subject is that for Willa?

ReputationRep:
    physical natsci with 25% compsci (i just dont think biology is for me, in any shape of form)
    my offer was exceptionally harsh, so dont expect an offer like that often

ReputationRep:
    That really is harsh. But you seem okay about getting it So don't worry! You will be in the land of the fluffy ducks come October I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    That really is harsh. But you seem okay about getting it So don't worry! You will be in the land of the fluffy ducks come October I'm sure
    Tyr-Na-Nog?

ReputationRep:
    Err....not quite.

Good evening to you Mr F

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going for an interview bear in mind that the dates printed in the prospectus are a guideline- last year said that interviews started at 10 AM but they changed it to 8.30. And unfortunately for me, my last name starts with a B so I was second up.. starting at 9. Which would have been fine if I hadn't foolishly rejected their offer to put me up overnight, so I had to get up at six in the morning to get there on time! Ah, never mind.

ReputationRep:
    that doesnt figure...my last name begins with B and yet i had the last interview on the last day of interviews (ie the last interview in the entire uni...or so the interviewer told me)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Anyone going for an interview bear in mind that the dates printed in the prospectus are a guideline- last year said that interviews started at 10 AM but they changed it to 8.30. And unfortunately for me, my last name starts with a B so I was second up.. starting at 9. Which would have been fine if I hadn't foolishly rejected their offer to put me up overnight, so I had to get up at six in the morning to get there on time! Ah, never mind.
    That is precisely why I demanded to come up the night before, despite living barely an hour away.

ReputationRep:
    Again, ouch! You seem to be awfully unlucky Willa dear {lots of hugs}
    Nevermind, come results day, everything will be spiffing! And even if you miss your grades, I think they'd have to take you even it was like AAABB. That's still more than almost everyone would have.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.