Turn on thread page Beta

Interview dates in Oxbridge watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    that doesnt figure...my last name begins with B and yet i had the last interview on the last day of interviews (ie the last interview in the entire uni...or so the interviewer told me)
    Well, your college might have done them on backwards alphabetical order, or no order at all But they did sort it alphabetically in my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H&E)
    That is precisely why I demanded to come up the night before, despite living barely an hour away.
    I live a similar distance away (well, by car), so for some foolish reason I thought it'd be okay. And, well, it was- but I was a bit nervous that I'd be stuck on my own. I regret it now as almost everyone I met was lovely and had stayed over that night, but it all worked out for the best

ReputationRep:
    I'll definitely have to stay overnight

ReputationRep:
    yeah i stayed overnight as well, had a 9am exam to sit, before a 9 hour wait for my interview, i was so bored by the end all my nerves had left me, so in a way it was kinda good to have such a late interview

ReputationRep:
    I would never be able to sleep, then I'd never be able to get up :'(

ReputationRep:
    no you think you cant sleep...but in the end you do. But i admit it's a very restless night you have. I rarely remember my dreams, but i'm pretty sure that night i was dreaming abut metal rods rolling through magnetic fields and electrons flying along it and then faraday standing there with his spinning magnet in ercury experiment and stuff....very wierd

ReputationRep:
    LOL you going for NatSci then?
    I'm convinced I'm going to sleep in and miss my interview (I'm a human sloth!)

ReputationRep:
    i got a fellow applicant to wake me up - i freed myself from the rigors of clockwork several years ago, when my watch stopped and couldnt be arsed to replace it. Something says to me though that i may need to get that fixed for uni. I dont have a mobile either, so i dont have a portable alarm with me. Mobiles are evil evil things - i once had a friend who agreed with me on this, and said he never planned to buy one. Then he went and got himself a girlfriend and i'm pretty sure it was her who convinced him to get one. Now i'm all alone in my sole crusade against the mobile - i fear i will have to submit when i go to uni, for practical purposes of course.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, my friend's with you on that . I don't use mine too much, just to keep up with my bf mainly . It does however have an alarm! yay!

ReputationRep:
    if i get in i must remember to do one thing though.
    When i went for my interview, in the room i stayed in there was a notice board that was covered in green paper held in place by thumb tacks. I felt it was only fitting to somehow leave my mark on the room, and so behind the green backing paper, in one of the corners, using the thumb tack, i attached a small piece of paper with the following written on it:

December 2003
    And let there be this corner of some forgotten noticeboard in cambridge be forever Willa's.

i do hope it's still there, would be great to find it again after all this time!

ReputationRep:
    Awww wow {applauds} That was brilliant I must try and do something like that. And dedicate it to you of course

ReputationRep:
    if you do and i'm there next year, tell me which college and room you stayed in and i'll hunt your message down....i wont remove it of course - just like if i find my note still there in that room, i'll ask whoever is in that room to keep it there

ReputationRep:
    The prospectus dates are only a guide - it said we'd have to arrive by about 8.30/9 on the sunday, but when I got invited to an interview I had to be there at about midday. I kinda assumed this was just so we could be settled in etc. so I got a bit of a shock when it turned out that because there were lots of applicants they'd got some of us to come early so we could have our 2 interviews that afternoon :eek: Would've been nice to know beforehand!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! We can set up a new Cambridge tradition

ReputationRep:
    yup....it's now a rule....you have to leave a small note, dated, behind the backing paper of the notice board in your room...if there is no notice board, then any suitable place will do

ReputationRep:
    Take note all potential applicants. I suppose we should mention UKL on it, and draw more crazies into our midst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    i got a fellow applicant to wake me up - i freed myself from the rigors of clockwork several years ago, when my watch stopped and couldnt be arsed to replace it. Something says to me though that i may need to get that fixed for uni. I dont have a mobile either, so i dont have a portable alarm with me. Mobiles are evil evil things - i once had a friend who agreed with me on this, and said he never planned to buy one. Then he went and got himself a girlfriend and i'm pretty sure it was her who convinced him to get one. Now i'm all alone in my sole crusade against the mobile - i fear i will have to submit when i go to uni, for practical purposes of course.
    Well, I too was on that crusade pre-university. Hated the damn things, especially texting :mad: - the one invention designed to increase the paranoia of Britain's teen population by about a million times. However, I got one for university, because getting the phone connected in my room was somewhat expensive and not very practical, so I caved in and got one. I don't use it overly much, but it has been very useful.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're as bad as everybody makes out. Mind you I don't use mine too much

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.