The Student Room Group

Jump up two grades AS-A2??! BIOLOGY

Hi,

I got a D in AS biology and need to get a B overall to get into my university choices. Is this possible? In my individual AS modules I got a b, c and a D, I'm retaking the module I got a D in which happens to be unit 2, the hard one:'( I'm worried I may end up doing worse rather than better, a2 content was made by satan. Any advice on how to tackle this ?! Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Malz
Hi,

I got a D in AS biology and need to get a B overall to get into my university choices. Is this possible? In my individual AS modules I got a b, c and a D, I'm retaking the module I got a D in which happens to be unit 2, the hard one:'( I'm worried I may end up doing worse rather than better, a2 content was made by satan. Any advice on how to tackle this ?! Thank you

lmaoooo ah A2 bio is jokes

But maybe retake the empa too? Because honestly if you try hard it can be an easy full UMS, and you won't have to prepare or revise much for it. You'll be preparing for the A2 empa anyway so?

Definitely try to score a lot on the D modules and the two empas if you do actually retake the AS one too. Keep on memorising the basic theory because that's the key in biology afterall, and train yourself on that 25 marker because there's a lot of marks you can get from that alone.
Reply 2
Original post by RonnieRJ
lmaoooo ah A2 bio is jokes

But maybe retake the empa too? Because honestly if you try hard it can be an easy full UMS, and you won't have to prepare or revise much for it. You'll be preparing for the A2 empa anyway so?

Definitely try to score a lot on the D modules and the two empas if you do actually retake the AS one too. Keep on memorising the basic theory because that's the key in biology afterall, and train yourself on that 25 marker because there's a lot of marks you can get from that alone.

Hi, thanks for the reply lool, by "empa" do you mean the unit 3/6 controlled assessment things(ISA)? I need to revise for unit 2,4,5 which are all really tough! Thank you for the advice! Xx
Reply 3
Original post by Malz
Hi, thanks for the reply lool, by "empa" do you mean the unit 3/6 controlled assessment things(ISA)? I need to revise for unit 2,4,5 which are all really tough! Thank you for the advice! Xx

Yeah you do the ISA which is like more like coursework, I do the EMPA version where I sit the exam instead of filling in the booklet.

No one really revises much for the ISAs or EMPAs so it could be just another way of gaining extra UMS :smile:
Reply 4
I got a C at AS and then got an A at A2 while retaking the AS units in the summer of taking A2 exams. It can be done! Just make sure when you write your answers, you put every basic thing that you've learnt over the WHOLE of your course. And doing all the past papers is essential as doing well in Biology is all about exam technique. Remembering long, by route answers is just a case of rewriting and saying it over and over again and you'll remember it. You can do it, its not over yet. I'm not particularly bright but everything can be fixed with hard work mate.
Reply 5
Original post by kushal.p
I got a C at AS and then got an A at A2 while retaking the AS units in the summer of taking A2 exams. It can be done! Just make sure when you write your answers, you put every basic thing that you've learnt over the WHOLE of your course. And doing all the past papers is essential as doing well in Biology is all about exam technique. Remembering long, by route answers is just a case of rewriting and saying it over and over again and you'll remember it. You can do it, its not over yet. I'm not particularly bright but everything can be fixed with hard work mate.

*SORRY LATE REPLY* Wow you did really good!! I wish that's what happens to me haha! And yeah I'll definitely be doing so many past papers. Thank you very much I appreciate the reply. I'll be resitting unit 2 biology in June as well as a Politics Resit and of course all the A2's 😩😩 hopefully all goes well. Thanks! X

Quick Reply

Latest