The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Large parts of London are vile lol (East/South). Only the North/West are decent these days.

What's wrong with "plain"? Great countrysides, lovely, tolerant and fun people.

Steady on im from east london, some parts are **** but nearer stratford area is awesome. I used to go west london every week and yeah its nice aswell i like tottenham and enfield aswell. I cant comment on south. Dont want to lie i want up north once and was shocked at how it was, no offence to any northerners here
Original post by dniy-10
Steady on im from east london, some parts are **** but nearer stratford area is awesome.

Gonna have to agree to disagree here... I think you've just got used to it. :wink:
Original post by abruiseonthesky
The UK is beauts but definitely not London!

Apart from the country side its just depressing everywhere. So much grey.
I simultaneously think London is extremely overrated, but also think it's the best city in the world. I just hate East London tbh lol.

Yeah, I live in a rural area too and it's great. So quiet, and the people are truly lovely (plus I love old people so that helps :tongue:).

Christ no, I can't stand London, it's far too big and London-y and urgh I'm far too rural for it :tongue: even Berlin, it's an amazing city but it reminds me too much of London for it to feel like home, I can't wait to be back in Birmingham next year :tongue: I can't decide what my favourite city is. Probably Birmingham or Manchester. Actually, yeah, Manchester :tongue:

I live in a village on the Lancashire Pennines, it's gorgeous :smile:
I actually really like the US
inb4
Original post by Vikingninja
Apart from the country side its just depressing everywhere. So much grey.

Nah city's like Birmingham and Manc are great! And the little towns like Lancaster. And the countryside... so much to love (about the west of the country :wink:)
Nah city's like Birmingham and Manc are great! And the little towns like Lancaster. And the countryside... so much to love (about the west of the country :wink:)

Only parts of them. Majority of the place is grey: grey sky, grey ground (pavements), grey buildings, grey clothes.
Christ no, I can't stand London, it's far too big and London-y and urgh I'm far too rural for it :tongue: even Berlin, it's an amazing city but it reminds me too much of London for it to feel like home, I can't wait to be back in Birmingham next year :tongue: I can't decide what my favourite city is. Probably Birmingham or Manchester. Actually, yeah, Manchester :tongue:

Criticism of London: "it's too... London-y"... strong :wink:

Parts of Central London and West London are beautiful, though. Oxford/Sloane Street in particular are amazing. So vibrant and everything is/happens there. Great days out to be had.
Criticism of London: "it's too... London-y"... strong :wink:

Parts of Central London and West London are beautiful, though. Oxford/Sloane Street in particular are amazing. So vibrant and everything is/happens there. Great days out to be had.

Shut up you know what I mean :wink:

I like London for a day out but couldn't stand to live there. It's just too big and bustley and crowded and miserable.
North Korea
Only parts of them. Majority of the place is grey: grey sky, grey ground (pavements), grey buildings, grey clothes.

You and I are gonna have to agree to disagree, because imo that's completely wrong.

I like London for a day out but couldn't stand to live there. It's just too big and bustley and crowded and miserable.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind living in West London (and some parts of North at a stretch). But yeah, once I've retired I'm moving straight back to the countryside. :cool:
You and I are gonna have to agree to disagree, because imo that's completely wrong.

Yep.
*cough*

Hmm, I wouldn't mind living in West London (and some parts of North at a stretch). But yeah, once I've retired I'm moving straight back to the countryside. :cool:

Urgh no, never. A year of a capital city's enough for me, and that's only because I get to come home over holidays :tongue: Back to B'ham next year for me, then hopefully Manchester or Leeds for postgrad :cool:
Yep.
*cough*

I'll give you the second one, the big old gross tower-y bit of the Arndale is a complete eyesore, but what's wrong with the first one?! It's beauts. I always love seeing Manc on the skyline when I'm on the train in.
I'll give you the second one, the big old gross tower-y bit of the Arndale is a complete eyesore, but what's wrong with the first one?! It's beauts. I always love seeing Manc on the skyline when I'm on the train in.

it's the only skyscraper in that area, it sticks out like a sore thumb. It also makes a lot of noise (its weird).
Yep.
*cough*

London is the most beautiful city in the world.

Urgh no, never. A year of a capital city's enough for me, and that's only because I get to come home over holidays :tongue: Back to B'ham next year for me, then hopefully Manchester or Leeds for postgrad :cool:

Birmingham?! :afraid:

:puke:

Spoiler

it's the only skyscraper in that area, it sticks out like a sore thumb. It also makes a lot of noise (its weird).

No it's not... what's the Hilton?

Spoiler

Only that part of London could be considered beautiful and even then still no.

Spoiler

London is not the most beautiful city in the world, and I'm not even saying that just because I'm northern :wink:

Everyone has this huge misconception of B'ham, it's actually a lovely place to live haha!

Latest