Is this normal after a hangover? Watch

driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically, I got black out drunk a few days ago (I drank 4 litres of cider) and I got so sick as I am not used to alcohol, and the hangover lasted like 35 hours. I threw up about 10 times and by the end I just kept throwing up stomach acid so I guess there was like nothing left in my body and I didn't eat anything for two days but today I have been craving salt and sugar SO much, I ate 10 extremely salted tomatoes and then an insane amount of salty french fries and all day I was craving sugary fizzy drinks and I drank like a litre of it today. Is it because there was no salt/sugar left in my body? I feel so bad for eating/drinking so much junk today
AlmostNotable
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Very abnormal. Go to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200.
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not too weird for a really bad hangover.
College_Dropout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cider? Whats wrong with you?
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seems fine to me. I always crave sugar after a hangover
Jenx301
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah I always eat **** the day after I've been very drunk. Usually crave things like chicken/chips/burger/pizza etc and lots of fizzy drinks.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Basically, I got black out drunk a few days ago (I drank 4 litres of cider) and I got so sick as I am not used to alcohol, and the hangover lasted like 35 hours. I threw up about 10 times and by the end I just kept throwing up stomach acid so I guess there was like nothing left in my body and I didn't eat anything for two days but today I have been craving salt and sugar SO much, I ate 10 extremely salted tomatoes and then an insane amount of salty french fries and all day I was craving sugary fizzy drinks and I drank like a litre of it today. Is it because there was no salt/sugar left in my body? I feel so bad for eating/drinking so much junk today
That's kind of normal. Your body will be deficient in salt and sugar and it knows it. It's response is to make you crave foods it knows contain the things it needs. The body is clever like this! I find lucozade or isotonic energy drinks are great at shifting hangovers. Especially when combined with a sausage butty. 35 hours of throwing up sounds rough though, but then cider gives me horrific vomitty hangovers too. At least beer ones are mostly just a headache for me. I can deal with that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vikingninja
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well you did drink ****in 4 litres of cider.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hungover today (not the worst one in the world, lots of drinks but pretty lucid and no vomiting) and what I crave most is a full English breakfast . Ate a whole tube of pringles and drank about 2 litres of sugary drinks. So I have similar desires but much more immediate.
username1826083
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wtf. Why would anyone do this to themselves and their body.
bloody mental
math42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vikingninja)
Well you did drink ****in 4 litres of cider.
I'd say that's a pretty normal binge though; a lot of people have probably drank that much in a night, it's like 7 pints, so it's reasonable to expect "normal" hangover things to occur
Manitude
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
I'd say that's a pretty normal binge though; a lot of people have probably drank that much in a night, it's like 7 pints, so it's reasonable to expect "normal" hangover things to occur
Yes but cider typically ranges from 3% to 8% ABV. If the OP drank 8 bottles of Henry Westons Vintage Reserve (8.2% ABV) then I could totally understand why they're so ill. I can handle my drink better than most people my size but four of them would almost certainly have me cradling the toilet a few hours later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scott.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It might be best not to drink so much in the future.
Twinpeaks
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by College_Dropout)
Cider? Whats wrong with you?
Nothing wrong with a nice cold cider on the odd occasion? It hits the spot sometimes.

But I'd never drink cider to get drunk. It's up there with wine as the worst for hangovers. And why in Gods name would you drink so much anyway? Yeah we all love getting a bit drunk, but I never understand those who pump themselves so much with alcohol that their body near enough suffers alcohol poisoning.

Don't you have any respect for your body..
neal95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
f*** cider, does your teeth in and too sweet. stick to lager or spirits
Lord_hanson
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Like mentioned above your body was lacking in salt and sugar. Your body uses sugar to remove alcohol from your blood, that is why you get hungry after drinking. Fizzy drinks and a greasy fry up will do the trick.
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
Those friends of yours who drink 7 pints of cider are probably used to alcohol, and are heavy weights. I mean isn't that like 18 units?

For a girl who is not used to drinking that can probably make you paralytic. I've been drinking for 5 years and I'd never cope with more than a few.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
Yes but cider typically ranges from 3% to 8% ABV. If the OP drank 8 bottles of Henry Westons Vintage Reserve (8.2% ABV) then I could totally understand why they're so ill. I can handle my drink better than most people my size but four of them would almost certainly have me cradling the toilet a few hours later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's a fair point. I guess pacing matters as well; I mean it's very hard to drink 4 litres very fast but still.
blossommango97
Badges: 5
Report 4 years ago
And this is why I don't drink.😌
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Fairly normal. I don't get hangovers despite the amount I drink, but I know one of my friends swears by a hangover cure of Haribo which I thought was rather interesting.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (291)
65.54%
No (153)
34.46%

Watched Threads