Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive done part a (shift 1 unit to the left)

part b (reflect in the x axis) but i have no idea on part c becase its jus modulus of x and not f(x). how do i go about doing these questions when the function f(x) is not an equation like in this question.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc p2.doc (32.0 KB, 62 views)

ReputationRep:
    Reflect it on the y axis I pressume, because x is always positive so at x=-1, y equals the same as if x=1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jubba)
    ive done part a (shift 1 unit to the left)

part b (reflect in the x axis) but i have no idea on part c becase its jus modulus of x and not f(x). how do i go about doing these questions when the function f(x) is not an equation like in this question.
    Just reflect the function about the y-axis. The modulus of x just indicates that whatever happens for +ve x is also going to happen for -ve x.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.