The Student Room Group

Whatever happened to 'im_so_academic'?

I recall that in 2010 or something there was a girl by that username in 10th grade on this forum obsessing over Oxford and Cambridge and being a general nuisance. If anyone here was around TSR back then do they have any news about her? She's surely of university age now - would be interesting to see what became of her.

Scroll to see replies

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=191215
she goes to Durham, so much for Oxbridge :rofl:
Holy **** that post count!
Original post by Vikingninja
Holy **** that post count!

Take into account that those were made over a period of 6 years.
Original post by Mayhem™

HA. I notice her last TSR activity was September 2014 - roughly when she would've started at Durham.

Durham's nothing to sneer at of course, but a look through the archives from the 2010 period would reveal some major dumping going on regarding every university outside Oxbridge.
Original post by Mayhem™

One of her last ever posts on here contained this sentence:

"Every time someone says that employers prefer a 2:1 and a social life to a first, just remember they're talking ****. It's a myth spread by people who are bitter about not getting a top grade and want an excuse."

I wonder if she's as fervent on this point as she was with her 'Oxbridge or GTFO' stance...
She seemed like such a troll, but I can't believe a troll would manage to be so persistent...
Original post by Retrodiction
One of her last ever posts on here contained this sentence:

"Every time someone says that employers prefer a 2:1 and a social life to a first, just remember they're talking ****. It's a myth spread by people who are bitter about not getting a top grade and want an excuse."

I wonder if she's as fervent on this point as she was with her 'Oxbridge or GTFO' stance...

Isn't a 2:1 a first anyway?
She's at Durham , lel didn't get into oxbridge.

Top troll tho , if oxbridge gave offers on trolling quality she would get free uni for lyfe.
They realised they weren't that academic and were sectioned when they couldn't handle that.
Original post by Mayhem™

no? a first is a first.
Original post by SophieSmall
no? a first is a first.

stupid me got confused with first and upper :rofl:
Original post by Mayhem™
Take into account that those were made over a period of 6 years.

Looking at some posts they've had quite some breaks. Ive been very active on a gaming website and since 2011 gotten 5.5k posts and that's considered a lot. Fml 26k that is ridiculous.
Original post by Mayhem™

Not sure if I missed a joke there, but a 1st is the highest classification, followed by an upper second (2:1), lower second (2:2), and then a 3rd.
Original post by Mayhem™
stupid me got confused with first and upper :rofl:

haha, i thought it might have been some joke i just didn't get :tongue:
Original post by Mayhem™

u wot m8?

A 2.1 isn't the same as a First.
Still Durham is an excellent university.
Original post by 06sulraj
Still Durham is an excellent university.

So they say...
[scrollr]:smile:[/scrollr]
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
So they say...
[scrollr]:smile:[/scrollr]

Yeah, but people like that get slapped on the face for being arrogant.
Original post by Retrodiction
I recall that in 2010 or something there was a girl by that username in 10th grade on this forum obsessing over Oxford and Cambridge and being a general nuisance. If anyone here was around TSR back then do they have any news about her? She's surely of university age now - would be interesting to see what became of her.

She logged on about a year ago and said she's a lot more mature now.

Quick Reply

Latest