Afcnandes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Im currently in year 12 on as level and im planning to go into engineering at uni, specifically aerospace/aeronautical/mechanical that area. Im currently studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and economics. I am really struggling in Chemistry and in contrast doing okay in the other subjects. I reckon if i were to drop chemistry i could really focus on the other three bringing them up to A/A* grades however im concerned universitys might want a chemistry a level, please help!!!!
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Engineering courses don't require Chemistry at A-level, but it might come as an advantage when competing with other applicants.
Awesome banter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only drop it if you do it likes it's hot.

Banter
TheOtherSide.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Afcnandes)
Im currently in year 12 on as level and im planning to go into engineering at uni, specifically aerospace/aeronautical/mechanical that area. Im currently studying Maths, Physics, Chemistry and economics. I am really struggling in Chemistry and in contrast doing okay in the other subjects. I reckon if i were to drop chemistry i could really focus on the other three bringing them up to A/A* grades however im concerned universitys might want a chemistry a level, please help!!!!
Unless you're thinking of going into chemical engineering, which I'm assuming you're not, dropping chemistry won't disadvantage you in any way, and like you said, you can focus on doing better in three subjects, instead of trying to juggle four, with possibly less time being put into studying maths and physics.
PinkAcid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
id say drop economics instead and use the time to bring chemistry up because its a bit more relevant for the future (more possibilities), I don't think youd need chemistry but if you changed your mind or wanted to go into a slightly different branch you've got it there just in case
Afcnandes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by PinkAcid)
id say drop economics instead and use the time to bring chemistry up because its a bit more relevant for the future (more possibilities), I don't think youd need chemistry but if you changed your mind or wanted to go into a slightly different branch you've got it there just in case
The thing is i will most definitely go for this area of engineering i wont be going for courses like chemical engineering or biomedical etc.
PinkAcid
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The thing is i will most definitely go for this area of engineering i wont be going for courses like chemical engineering or biomedical etc.
in that case drop it it wont affect getting into any unis for that side of engineering
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Chemistry can be quite useful some areas of mechanical engineering. Economics would be the ideal one to drop, but if you're struggling with chemistry then it might in fact be a good idea to drop it in order to maintain your grade profile. You don't actually need chemistry to get into mechanical or aero engineering at uni, though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (92)
65.25%
I don't have everything I need (49)
34.75%

Watched Threads