The Student Room Group

Should I be concerned?

Hi,
So this is pretty gross, but I need some advice. xD Sorry in advance.

I'm 18 y/o girl, and a while ago I noticed this white discharged coming out of my vagina. I went to my GP about it, he had a look and said that everything looked healthy and all my tests came back normal.

Should I still be worried? Is this normal? Has anyone experienced the same thing happen to them? Should I go back to my doctor and see if there's anything else they can do?
Reply 1
*bump*
Reply 2
Your GP will have seen more vulvas than you've had hot dinners and they did the test too so I wouldn't be concerned. In my, albeit relatively limited, experience of these matters discharges, smegma etc is pretty common. But if you're still worried just go and see the GP again, why not.
Most women have some normal discharge, typically white. It's your vagina getting rid of things like cervical mucus. Different women often have different amounts, and it often varies according to where you are in your menstrual cycle.

The time to get treatment is if it changes significantly, typically by getting smelly.
cum
Reply 5
Original post by unprinted
Most women have some normal discharge, typically white. It's your vagina getting rid of things like cervical mucus. Different women often have different amounts, and it often varies according to where you are in your menstrual cycle.

The time to get treatment is if it changes significantly, typically by getting smelly.

Oh, thanks... I guess I was worried for no reason in that case :biggrin:
Discharge is normal and healthy. It's the vaginas way of cleaning itself and can change in amount or smell depending on where you are in your cycle. Sometimes it can be brown if you're spotting or near your period and some Birth Control can alter it too.

That being said, if it's ever cottage cheese texture, smells very bad, is green in colour, itchy, tender inside or not "normal" for you, then it may be an an infection and will need to be checked out.

Quick Reply

Latest