The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Went from a B at AS to getting a...

A* at A2 😭😭😭😭😭

I got 75/80 UMS on SCLY3
and i got 106/120 UMS on SCLY4 (the biggest surprise out of all my results and i'm 100% sure i got max 5 marks on the postmodernism 33 marker)

Resat SCLY1, which i originally got a C in and managed to scoop up 1 more UMS in the resit 😂😂😂 biggest waste of time and money
does anyone know if i am able to resit the unit 3 exam next year?
Reply 5542
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes next year is the final exam
I got an A* and full ums on unit 4 as well! was shocked after feeling like unit 4 went badly especially with the state crime question. Well done every one :smile:
Original post by dmet
Yes it's 90% for the A2 exams only

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to ask but do you have to get an A at AS? As in do you need 4 A's? I got B in AS but if I get 90% in A2 can I get an A*?
Original post by aimbx
Is there an unofficial mark scheme? Also when are grade boundaries released?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The grade boundaries are here

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-A-LEVEL-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2016.PDF
Reply 5546
Yes you can gain A* without 4 A's. Overall A level needs to be 320 ums or above for an A overall. To gain A* A2 exams need to score 90%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 181 last year's and 179 this year. Does that mean I'm one mark off an A*? If so, how do I go about remarking? :smile:
Original post by CarefreeZoe
I got 181 last year's and 179 this year. Does that mean I'm one mark off an A*? If so, how do I go about remarking? :smile:

Yeah you was 1UMS of an A*
Original post by shortysaturdays
Sorry to ask but do you have to get an A at AS? As in do you need 4 A's? I got B in AS but if I get 90% in A2 can I get an A*?

Yeah it will get you an A*
Original post by fireflyforever
An A*

I am astonished and delighted, especially as I did the whole A-level from scratch in 9 months like some of the other mature students here.

And full marks for SCLY 4 - which made me very, very happy too!

Which uni you off to?
Hey guys sorry for the random pist ahah I've not been on here since the night before results day ahah. I just want to say well done to everyone for your grades and I hope it all worked out okay for you and what you wanted to do, and if not don't worry there's a plan B :smile: I honeslty still cannot believe the grade I got for this subject ahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5552
Does anyone think functionalist theory might come up as a 33 marker??
Original post by alimilkshake
send me your email and I can send you my essay for it :smile:

can i also have a copy of it?. im having the exam tomorrow😭
Original post by Aw18--
Does anyone think functionalist theory might come up as a 33 marker??

It's a new spec so there's really not much to go on. Just revise absolutely everything. And start doing some stuff now because it will be too much to be making mindmaps for all of the work during exam period

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys I'm a gap year student I got an A in sociology(3 marks off an a*) and I'm gonna do it next year for uni.One of my gap year fulfilments is to do something inspirational.I want to help students currently doing sociology for a-levels.So I'm planning to do some sort of online forum on tsr or whatsapp;however I heard that whatsapp gc might not be the best idea since there has been exam penalties given to students involved in study gc's over the years.However I do feel like its easier to communicate via whatsapp.Thus I would have to be very strict and give clear guidelines if a study gc was to commense.Let me know if your interested.Also it will be best if you do family,education,beliefs and crime since I did them.
You can find the 2017 thread for this exam here :smile:

Latest