Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone like me only need about 60/100UMS in two modules P3 and S2 to get an A? But now feel really annoyed about that tough P3 Edexcel paper making you have to work really hard for S2 to maintain the A?

(Original post by ResidentEvil)
    Anyone like me only need about 60/100UMS in two modules P3 and S2 to get an A? But now feel really annoyed about that tough P3 Edexcel paper making you have to work really hard for S2 to maintain the A?
    Need somewhere between 65-75 (depending on P3 scaling) on S2 to get an A overall, this means I'm revising it all weekend at the expense of History.

ReputationRep:
    how do u think itll be scaled P3? what raw mark do u think ull need to get to get an A i.e. 80UMS?

how do u think itll be scaled P3? what raw mark do u think ull need to get to get an A i.e. 80UMS?

I think in P3 you will be looking at 80 UMS for around 57/75. I would expect that S2 will be around 60/75 for an A. Based on those kind of figures, I will be needing about 53 in S2 which sounds do-able...unless you hate stats as much as myself!!!

ReputationRep:
    To get an A in Maths I need around 100 marks out of M1 and S2 combined. To get an A in AS Further maths I need 41/100 in P5.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i only need 50 in each of P3 and M2 - but that flippin P3 paper means the M2 one on wed better be good!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I need 59 in p3 to get an A

and about 85 in s1 to get an A in f.maths..

ReputationRep:
    Oohh how very arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    I need 70/ 100 on each of P2 & P3 to get an A overall... reckon I got about 60%-70% raw mark on P3 (hopefully this will give me at least 60/ 100 UMS) which means I'm aiming for an A in P2 on Monday.

But then, I also retook my M1 in May so maybe picked up a few extra UMS points there :confused:

Just working it out makes my head hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicman)
    Oohh how very arrogant.
    no, not arrogant, just a discussion, that obviously doesn't apply to u. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I need 7% in M4 for an A in maths, and 63% average in P4,5,6 for an A in further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I need 7% in M4 for an A in maths, and 63% average in P4,5,6 for an A in further maths.
    WOW 7%, nice one!. How many modules did u do in total for just normal maths?

ReputationRep:
    WOW 7%, nice one!. How many modules did u do in total for just normal maths?
    One of my friends doesn't need any marks in M4 for an A in maths - he's already got over 480/500! We've already taken 8 modules - 5 maths and 3 further maths and in total you have to do 6 modules for each.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    One of my friends doesn't need any marks in M4 for an A in maths - he's already got over 480/500! We've already taken 8 modules - 5 maths and 3 further maths and in total you have to do 6 modules for each.
    hmmm that doesnt sound right. I thought its 6 modules for an A-Level, and 3 modules for an AS-Level, so 9 modules make one and a half A-Level? You've taken 8, and it seems to me like yer cashing in more than 6 modules for yer A-Level maths?? so how can u be on further maths? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm that doesnt sound right. I thought its 6 modules for an A-Level, and 3 modules for an AS-Level, so 9 modules make one and a half A-Level? You've taken 8, and it seems to me like yer cashing in more than 6 modules for yer A-Level maths?? so how can u be on further maths? :confused:
    We're doing full A-levels in both maths and further maths. 12 modules in total, P1-6, M1-4, S1-2
    Mine will probably work out as normal maths: P1-3, S1-2, M4
    Further maths: P4-6, M1-3

ReputationRep:
    Went into P2 needing 127/200 for P2 and P3 combined for an A. Now I reckon I need 30 in P3. It's done.

ReputationRep:
    well i need 148 marks to get an A i probably screwed badly on P3 so i need to get about 90+ on M2 and also improve my P2 grade form 74 to 90+ also, see how the P3 scaling gonna go maybe ill need a bit less marks than i think - but i doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    What happens if you get a U in one module, but actually end up getting 480+ UMS? Do you get a final grade, and do the UMS marks from the U contribute towards your total? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uni_guy)
    What happens if you get a U in one module, but actually end up getting 480+ UMS? Do you get a final grade, and do the UMS marks from the U contribute towards your total? :confused:
    Yeah, if you get 480+ UMS marks overall, you'll still get an A and the UMS marks from the module that you got a U in will count.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.