The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

Social*work*degree*aberdeen *RGU 2016

Anyone applied and been offered interview yet?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I have a selection day thing on the 24th Feb.
(edited 8 years ago)
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 2
Original post by kitten999
Anyone applied and been offered interview yet?

Interview on the 2nd March :s-smilie:
Original post by Steven93
Interview on the 2nd March :s-smilie:

I'm quite looking forward to it, started planning my answers for the written part, but I'm a bit nervous for the group task
How did your interviews go? Can I ask whats involved if you dont mind please? Originally was offered an interview on 2nd March but couldn't make that one so have one on Wed 16th March now 😊
Original post by LouiseH16
How did your interviews go? Can I ask whats involved if you dont mind please? Originally was offered an interview on 2nd March but couldn't make that one so have one on Wed 16th March now 😊

Yeah it was brilliant, the course sounds amazing! Like I Defos wanna go there but my problem is like money and moving though! Just having to answer they questions but u get like 40 mins to do it! Then the group part was like groups of 5/6 and we had to decide who got the kidney out all these different types of people! There were lots of lectures and stuff there and current and past students n they were all saying about how they basically got jobs straight after uni and the current students were saying on placement they met with people from Dundee uni n they said they felt like they knew millions more compared to them. It was really informal and everyone made u feel really comfortable and stuff! I'm just waiting to hear back now! But they said they will start to make offers two weeks afterwards and my interview was two weeks ago today!!
Original post by nattie226
Yeah it was brilliant, the course sounds amazing! Like I Defos wanna go there but my problem is like money and moving though! Just having to answer they questions but u get like 40 mins to do it! Then the group part was like groups of 5/6 and we had to decide who got the kidney out all these different types of people! There were lots of lectures and stuff there and current and past students n they were all saying about how they basically got jobs straight after uni and the current students were saying on placement they met with people from Dundee uni n they said they felt like they knew millions more compared to them. It was really informal and everyone made u feel really comfortable and stuff! I'm just waiting to hear back now! But they said they will start to make offers two weeks afterwards and my interview was two weeks ago today!!

That sounds brilliant, I can't wait for my interview on Wednesday. Really nervous, That's interesting about the Dundee students as I have applied there too. Done my stage two written work for Dundee and just waiting to hear, don't think they do interviews. Did you have a one to one interview or was it just the group work? I am going to start preparing for the written work over the weekend so feel I have an idea what I shall write on the day :-)
Original post by LouiseH16
That sounds brilliant, I can't wait for my interview on Wednesday. Really nervous, That's interesting about the Dundee students as I have applied there too. Done my stage two written work for Dundee and just waiting to hear, don't think they do interviews. Did you have a one to one interview or was it just the group work? I am going to start preparing for the written work over the weekend so feel I have an idea what I shall write on the day :-)

Honestly don't be nervous, there's nothin to be worried about! Just get ur answers prepared for the written part! And nope just group work, and I know this sounds silly but make sure u don't discriminate against anyone, because everyone in my group were trying to say a lawyer should get the kidney because they give back to the community and I just turned round like eh no, what has her job got to do with it? And they laughed about a guy saying he was 'creative' because in the scenario it said he openly dressed as a woman! I was sitting there completely shocked😂 Yeah they said Dundee is a lot of law n said Dundee students knew basically nothing compared to the RGU students! For the written work I had my answers planned and timed and that helped a lot because they said said half a page an answer but because I knew exactly what I was writing I managed to get a page per question. What other unis you applied for n where is ur first choice? I've had interviews for RGU and GCU and sent written work to UWS.
I would of been shocked too. Being a social worker you should never discriminate against anyone. Dundee is only other one I have applied to for social work. From looking at prospectus RGU subject areas look better than Dundees but both do have a great reputation. I am really keen on working in childrens services. I have also applied for nursing in Inverness (stirling uni)and in Kirkcaldy (dundee uni) as if I dont get into social work will go through nursing to follow on to health visiting eventually. Had interviews for both of them already so just a waiting game now
Reply 9
Anyone going to the interview on 16th of March? Ive got mine then, so nervous. Also done my stage 2 for Dundee so just waiting for them to get back to me also.
Original post by NadT
Anyone going to the interview on 16th of March? Ive got mine then, so nervous. Also done my stage 2 for Dundee so just waiting for them to get back to me also.

I also have my interview on the 16th March and done my stage 2 for Dundee so we are in the same position :-)
Reply 11
Have any of you guys been offered a place following your interview? I had an interview in February then a couple of weeks ago i was offered a place on the course. I would like to hear from other people that also have offers :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by crt16
Have any of you guys been offered a place following your interview? I had an interview in February then a couple of weeks ago i was offered a place on the course. I would like to hear from other people that also have offers :smile:

Someone from my HNC class had her interview in Feb and was offered a place this week but the other 2 girls that were at sane interview view day have not heard yet. The last interviews have just finished so most offers should be going out now within the next couple weeks
Reply 13
Had my interview on the 2nd March and just received an unconditional :smile::smile:

Anyone else heard anything?
Had my interview last Wednesday (16th March) and got a conditional offer yesterday. Over the moon 😀😀😀
Congratulations 🎉🎉 I got an offer too!
Congratulations 🎉🎉 I got an offer too!

Congratulations too 😊😊😊
I had my interview on 16th and got a conditional offer too! :biggrin: What is everyone doing just now, college? School? etc and what was the offers x
Original post by KirstyM318
I had my interview on 16th and got a conditional offer too! :biggrin: What is everyone doing just now, college? School? etc and what was the offers x

I'm at college right now studying social science and I just need to pass! x
I'm at college right now studying social science and I just need to pass! x

Im doing my HNC Social Care and just need a pass :smile: takes a bit of stress off :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest