The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pit of snakes9
I am a girl. But when I look in the mirror I see a guy. It feels wrong when I wear tight closthes that reveal my gender. (I have boy short hair cut) I like the idea of being a guy. This may be different for you but I hate being a girl. I hate periods, I hate boobs. I am attracted to mainly girls but sometimes guys. I am not trans. I still identify as a girl. I don’t want to do the surgery, and I don’t want to come out as trans. I guess I want to but am to scared of the judgment. Even if I do I won’t be seen as a guy. I will be seen as trans. I just want to be normal and get through highschool. Wait out the hell i guess

Lool, calm down! Women are a blessing for men.
You going to think differently after you become intimate with man/guy that you love.
Grow your hair. Hair is the beauty of women.
It really does sound like gender dysphoria a bit, but.. Maybe youre in denial, like you just dont want it? Of course that might not be the case, Im only suggesting it because that's possible,
Hey, I myself can really relate on this one. I admire boy's general attitude, like how they do not complicate things unlike how most of girls complicate things too much. Just like you, I like me being a girl, but some part of me keeps thinking how I am more satisfied if I was born to be a boy. I admire their personalities and most of their decisions just turn me on. How I wish I have my boy cousins here to hang out with, because the idea of hanging out with the boys just gives me premonition that my life and decisions wouldn't be too dramatic and I'm not gonna embrace the way how typical girls think about things, especially ..the habit of overthinking. I think I like the idea of the boys being more matured in the other way I didn't see it in most of girls. And hey this is just an opinion. Again, I just like the idea of having the boy's personality. I hate draaaaamas.

If you are bothered thinking about liking the idea of being a boy, then you should hang out with the 'good boys' or with your brothers then maybe your questions would be answered.
Original post by Anonymous
maybe i posted in the wrong section :redface:

Even at seventeen you still aren't at the age where you have found yourself, try different ways of dressing and see what you love and discover yourself

Good Luck
I'm a girl and I've always had a nagging feeling that I was a boy. I never liked jewelry or dresses, makeup or basically anything girl related. I like boys but I wanna be a boy too. Does make me gay in a sense???. Can someone please help me. I feel different from other girls and I don't know what to do about it.
Reply 145
I'm completely understand what you're saying and I think I'm going through the same thing. I've tried really hard to accept me for who I am and that kind of thing but I just don't think it's working. Have you found away to cope? I know it's been a few years since you posted this but it's the most similar thing I've found to what I'm going through.
Omg. I feel the same way. I have wanted to be a boy for about 3 years. I hate my girl parts and I hate my periods. I do act so that I can fit in with the rest of the world but it makes me unhappy. I just told my girlfriend about this and she still loves me. I dont know how I am gonna tell my parents about it still...But you said in the second to last paragraph,
Firstly u can still enjoy stuff that boys do and still be a girl, secondly I thought Muslims didn't have to wear a hijab ,isn't it not to do with tradition instead of religion?
I know its been a long time since this was posted, and the asker will probably not see this.

But, holy crap, when you said-

"But if you asked me what I was I'd say I am a girl. I don't feel the need to CHANGE into a boy. I don't feel like I was born in the wrong body - I just wish I was born a male. I get my gender I just don't identify with it - I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense I don't know how to explain"

I.....I feel so similar.
But, I don't know, I really don't want to change my body, I like my curves and chest, but there's this underlying jealousy for those born male. Like, I wis I was born male, but I don't want to change my body...if that makes sense. I'll wear a binder and stuff cause I don't like to show the fact that I have a chest, I'll wear boys and girls clothes, but I don't actually want to do anything to my body.

I'm muslim as well, and I've worn a hijab for a long time. I have no intention of taking it off...so it's not like I want to pass as male or stuff...but I still wish I was born a boy.
(I'm repeating myself a lot, I know.)
Er....I'm bi, and I know I have crushes on guys and girls....but....I think if I was born male I would have the same attraction to guys and girls even in that body.

I know I'm not giving anyone answers or stuff, but I just wanted to share it, really.
Hi, I really relate to this because I used to feel the exact same way when I was younger. But over the years I gradually realized I was trans, but I'm still struggling on deciding if the surgery is worth it.Anyway.. though I have no advice, I wish you find a way to live happily without the frustration that this situation causes you. Have a nice day.
This is exactly how I feel. I feel like maybe I would be happy if I was a boy. But I never thought about it to much. Bc I don't want to have to transition and I'm not really sure. Some people are so sure...but I'm not and I don't want to go through the process. I don't hate my parts really, but the dreams I've had where I was a boy. 2 or so dreams that I remember....I was so happy. I think I want to be male. But I'm not sure....
Original post by Mak_03
Hey um yeah I totally get what you’re feeling and I read your example (Xbox and PlayStation thing) and actually started tearing up because I’m 14 and I’ve been confused for a while... I mean I like makeup but I probably wouldn’t wear it if I didn’t have horrible dark circles and I like skinny jeans and boots and dresses but I hate that I have hips and boobs etc. and I hate that I have a feminine voice I mean for as long as I can possibly remember I’ve always wanted a deeper voice (I mean not super manly but just deeper) I hate being a girl and wish I was a man but I don’t want to be trans because some days I love dressing up and being a girl. Also I’m going to be a freshman next year and thinking about prom I would love to wear a dress but I also really want to wear a dope ass tux... idk sorry if that was really confusing:tongue: IM confused

I'm 22. And I understand....its like I want to be a male that sometimes is girly. But I don't hate my parts necessarily. I've just never really been happy as a female. Well not really since puberty...
Hi I know what it is like because although I could cope with the first twelve years as a girl i am starting to go crazy and started hanging out with boys so often they got bored of me. I don't want a complete trans but I made little changes like my name is now max I changed my whole wardrobe and room and just these little changes made me feel more myself
I think you will get over this in a couple of more years. I was a tomboy, preferred boys clothes, and loved a boy activities. But, after school days I didn't think of anything different. I just began enjoying life and pursuing my dreams! As you get a little older 19-21, you will discover you can do and be anything you want without having to change your body. You will get out on your own and do things that make you happy. Jobs now days are equal to males or females. Get the work you want and be YOU!
Same. I wished I was born a boy because I felt like society expects me to act like a girl a lot. They expect girls to wear make up and wear dresses. I don’t like any of those plus I have really hairy legs which I don’t like shaving at all. It’s a waste of time and hurts my skin when I shaved a lot in the past. I felt like being a boy is easier but maybe I’m wrong. I don’t want to be a transgender because it is not natural in my opinion and I hear you have to take the hormone every month which is not natural. I’m all about being natural.
You may not want to hear this...but it actually does sound like you may be trans.
I don't know if my last thing posted...but in any case, I know you may not want to hear this, but it does sound like you're trans. I can't make that call for you though, I'm just saying the narrative is strikingly similar, all things considered.
Reply 157
I feel similar.Born female but sometimes I wish I could be a guy at sometimes. Sometimes I want to dress up and stuff other times I want to be more guy like. I’ve been searching for what it is all night.
I feel pretty much the same way I’m a 13 year old girl but ever since I was little I’ve always felt like a boy one of my friends is a boy and when we were younger he would always play with the barbies and I would always do something else. Though now he has turned out as a very stereotypical boy and that fits him, but I don’t feel the same way. Although I have lots of makeup I only wear it if I’m going somewhere fancy and still hate wearing. At the moment I have zero dresses in my wardrobe and only like 2 skirts (apart from school skirts) In primary school I mostly wore trousers but then in secondary school I started wearing skirts because I wanted to fit in with the other girls. I still enjoy some ‘girly’ things but overall I just feel like male suits me better. I think my main problem is that I don’t know what other people will think of me. I know my family will be accepting and one of my friends is non-binary but I still feel awkward telling them. Most of my secondary school friends see me as a girl, because I’ve always acted like a stereotypical girl does. But that just isn’t how I feel. I’ve never told anyone this, I feel like people will judge me and I know lots of people in our modern day society are accepting of these things, but lots of people aren’t. I’m just not really sure what to do
Original post by Anonymous
tl;dr : I'm a girl, who wishes she was born a boy, but is not transgender.

Okay so this is ... hard to explain

Basically - I'm a girl, I'm 17
Ever since I started 'developing' at around 10 - I hated it
I grew up with both sisters and brothers but my brothers were much closer to my age than my sisters
I hated that I wasn't like them
that I didn't look like them
I hated that I started growing breasts and it made me self conscious
and when my period came I was horrified I didn't want itI never liked 'girl things'. I hated makeup, I hated barbies, I couldn't stand princesses - I always identified more with the male characters than the female. I liked sports and cars and wrestling and rock music and action and horror and awesomeness. I listened (and still listen to) male artists and dislike female artists - I feel like the male voice speaks to me more and I wanna be able to sing like them - I hate that my voice is feminine.
Going to high school I saw how all the girls acted - some were tomboys and some were very feminine. I started off not giving a **** about my appearance - obviously I cared about my hygiene but I didn't like how clothes that were 'made for me' looked on me so I just wore baggy things - even at home
I just hated being a female - especially when I learned of all the stereotypes and all the things that I have to do/ can't do because I'm a girl.

This was all the way up to year 13 - then I decided to embrace my feminine side and started wearing dresses, matching clothes, getting heels, wearing makeup, carrying handbags. That made me happy for a while... but then I started hating it again.

And because I'm Muslim I wear the hijab and I just dislike wearing it. I know I have to wear it for God and stuff but I hate it (still gonna wear it because I have to) - I just don't like having to study a certain subject, work in a certain sector, dress a certain way just because of what's between my legs. I get that females and males, while equal, are different but I don't like that. I don't like being different to men.

I'm not attracted to girls and am attracted to men (all my crushes have been on men) BUT i feel like if I were born a boy I would have no problem getting with girls. But as a girl I don't like the idea of that. So I don't think I'm bisexual because in my current... state... I don't like the idea of being with a girl.

But if you asked me what I was I'd say I am a girl. I don't feel the need to CHANGE into a boy. I don't feel like I was born in the wrong body - I just wish I was born a male. I get my gender I just don't identify with it - I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense I don't know how to explain.

It's like being given an XBOX when you want a PlayStation for a present. You'll still take the XBOX but you secretly would've REALLY wanted a PlayStation (let's pretend you can't exchange/ return it). Buying PlayStation controllers and stickers and parts and putting them on the XBOX isn't gonna turn it into a PlayStation so I'm not gonna go get surgery because I don't feel like I want to do that I just wish I was given a PlayStation in the first place :frown:

ARGH this has been bothering me for so long I don't know how to deal with it :/

I have the exact same problem. I am a girl and I feel like one, but I just wish I was a guy. I wish I could change my name, I wish I could relate to my guy friends, I wish I was born a guy. I've looked up gender identities to fit this and I found this post. Honestly I just want an explanation.