I hate living at home Watch

HannahMcLean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Does anybody who didn't go to university, and who has been left as an only child hate living at home. I didn't like my parents anyway so the thought of being left alone really scared me, and it has been even worse than I could have imagined. My parents hate me because I'm always depressed about it and I honestly feel so lost. I have no other family to go to as I'm not allowed to see them too which makes things so much worse because I know I can't escape. It's so nice having my siblings back but for Christmas but I know I'm just going to be so depressed when they go back. The only times I'm happy when they're gone is when I'm at work, but that is only 5 days a week 6pm-12pm

Anyone else in the same situation or can give me some advice?
PrinceOfOrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like you need a friend, or five
HannahMcLean
Rep:
?
(Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
Sounds like you need a friend, or five
I have got friends, don't be a ****
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you can only tough it out until you get a job and can rent out a place, I'm afraid
PrinceOfOrange
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by HannahMcLean)
I have got friends, don't be a ****
I'm not trying to be mean, but in this situation if you substitute your friends with your siblings and go out quite a bit with them then you'll rarely be in the house anyway.
harry.carter60
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well at least you're, for now, financially better off than going to Uni.

I live at home having finished college but will be making the plunge to Uni in September most likely to expand my social circle and gain new experiences. Yeah, living at home's tough but living on a campus can be a royal pain in the you-know-what.
HannahMcLean
Rep:
?
(Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
I'm not trying to be mean, but in this situation if you substitute your friends with your siblings and go out quite a bit with them then you'll rarely be in the house anyway.
True, it's just that i'm at home in the day because i work at a pub so do night shifts. I dont want to quit my job though I have made some good friends there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads