The Student Room Group

A level revision help!!

So I'm currently doing German, History, Psychology and Chemistry A level.

Unfortunately I haven't done very well in terms of revision since A levels have started. I had made up my mind to do all my notes in the Christmas holidays however I've realized now that its too much to do in 2 weeks for all subjects. I'm halfway through making psychology and done about 65% for Chemistry but for History I've only done 6 pages for 2 topics :frown:

I have my mocks right after the holidays and I don't learn whilst making notes. So my question is should I stop making notes and start revising (going through questions, learning content etc) Which will help me for the short term (mocks) but make it harder as I will have to make notes during school time (less time)

It might seem like a stupid question but I'm aiming for 4 As and it seems kind of impossible as their is so much content I haven't made notes for. I am that kind of person that doesn't revise very well from textbooks so making notes is a necessity.

Also, this is for people who are currently doing their A2 is it still possible for me to get 4 As? If I work extremely hard. If I study lots and leave all distractions behind.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by redisflawless13
So I'm currently doing German, History, Psychology and Chemistry A level.

Unfortunately I haven't done very well in terms of revision since A levels have started. I had made up my mind to do all my notes in the Christmas holidays however I've realized now that its too much to do in 2 weeks for all subjects. I'm halfway through making psychology and done about 65% for Chemistry but for History I've only done 6 pages for 2 topics :frown:

I have my mocks right after the holidays and I don't learn whilst making notes. So my question is should I stop making notes and start revising (going through questions, learning content etc) Which will help me for the short term (mocks) but make it harder as I will have to make notes during school time (less time)

It might seem like a stupid question but I'm aiming for 4 As and it seems kind of impossible as their is so much content I haven't made notes for. I am that kind of person that doesn't revise very well from textbooks so making notes is a necessity.

Also, this is for people who are currently doing their A2 is it still possible for me to get 4 As? If I work extremely hard. If I study lots and leave all distractions behind.

Thank you :smile:

I do Chemistry and History

For Chemistr my teacher is always going on about using the resources you are given as your notes and learning from those. However that doesn't work for me since I learn by writing but it may work for you.
Also for chemistry the key is practice so try use resources given to you as your notes then do lots of practice questions and exam questions. These answers can also be like notes. Also make sure you get the key understanding of what you are learning.

History, is the one where I don't make many notes I just read over my existing notes and the book. Then do a lot of exam questions.

Also if you believe in yourself you can get 4As :smile:
If it's any consolation, I know exactly how you feel! I'm currently studying Law, Psychology and English Language and Literature. I'm really happy with the grades I received last year, (AACC) and only have one retake to take a C grade to a B+.

This year however, my motivation has been low and procrastination has taken the driving seat - I'd go as far to say its ruining my life at the moment. I need AAB to get into my first choice, I think it might be possible if I put the peddle to the metal come January.
I think I'll do that for Chemistry as practice questions really do help :biggrin: Thanks for the reply..feel better now :u:
Reply 4
Original post by redisflawless13
I think I'll do that for Chemistry as practice questions really do help :biggrin: Thanks for the reply..feel better now :u:

Doing Chemistry and Psychology at AS.

For PSY i recommend making revision posters/index cards for every topic e.g one for maternal deprivation, one for Working memory model, and test yourself every second of the day, kick yourself for getting it wrong and try again

For CHEM, I guess do a couple of past papers and see what you got wrong and prioritise that the most. For calc's, i recommend this book, http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations-AS-A-Level-Chemistry/dp/0582411270 I've got it open infront of me right now, and it's a good step by step for calculations if that's what you're struggling on.

Sorry, I can't really help on the other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest