Poll: Should this bill be passed into law?
As many are of the opinion, Aye (25)
59.52%
On the contrary, No (8)
19.05%
Abstain (9)
21.43%
This discussion is closed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
V907 - Cadet Forces Imitation Bill 2015Proposed by the Rt Hon. JoeL1994 MP
Seconded by the Hon. hazzer1998 MP and the Rt Hon. Nigel Farage MEP MP

Cadet Forces Imitation Bill 2015

A
B I L L
TO

Restrict the formation of non-MOD sponsored cadet forces.

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1 Definitions
(1) The MOD sponsored cadet forces are defined as:
(i) Sea Cadet Corps (SCC)
(ii) Army Cadet Force (ACF)
(iii) Air Training Corps (ATC)
(iv) Combined Cadet Force (CCF)
(2) The Volunteer Cadet Corps are defined as:
(i) Royal Marines Volunteer Cadet Corps (RMVCC)
(ii) Royal Naval Volunteer Cadet Corps (RNVCC)
(3) Non-MOD cadet forces are defined as all organisations operating in pseudo-MOD uniform with equivalent or similar rank structures.

2 Recognised Organisations
(1) The MOD sponsored cadet forces and the Volunteer Cadet Corps shall be the only youth organisations within the UK allowed to display, recruit and advertise as a Cadet organisation.
(2) No other organisation for young people between the ages of 10-21 years old may define itself as a cadet organisation unless recognised by the MOD.

3 Current non-MOD cadet forces
(1) Non-MOD cadet forces currently operating within the UK will be given notice by the MOD and require disbandment within 28 days.
(2) Failure to comply with 3.1 shall incur a fine of £1,000 of month to the designated head of the organisation.
(3) Closure of the organisation after 6 months of continual fines.

4 Equipment and Uniform
(1) Youth organisations not recognised as a Cadet organisation will be disallowed from wearing the uniform of the Armed Forces.
(i) This includes insignia of rank, headwear, beret/cap badges, tactical flashes and other accessories used to designate Armed Forces members when on duty.
(2) Equipment currently owned by non-MOD cadet forces shall be retained by the designated head of the organisation, so long as it breaks no current legislation and is within the remits of this bill.

5 Exemptions
(1) This bill does not apply to:
(i) The Scout movement,
(ii) The Guide Association,
(iii) Uniformed public services cadet organisations,
(iv) St. John’s Ambulance Cadets,
(v) The Boys Brigade,
(vi) Frimley and Camberley Cadet Corps
(vii) Other cadet organisations do not wear the uniform of the British Armed forces.

Short title and extent
(1) This Act may be cited as the Cadet Forces Act 2015.
(2) This Act extends to the United Kingdom; and
(3) Comes into effect immediately.

Notes

Spoiler:
Show
This bill will prevent Non-MOD cadet forces from operating within the UK. In recent years, the number of non-official cadet forces within the UK has grown, leading to confusion between official organisations and others. The primary purpose of all MOD cadet organisations in the UK is to provide skills, experiences and fun to young people while promoting the work of the Armed Forces through the visibility of uniform. Respectively, each organisation operates within strict guidelines internally and guidelines supplied by the MOD, with each adult DBS checked and trained in safeguarding. These organisations can offer young people opportunities that they would not get in everyday life. Non-official organisations could possibly corrupt and operate away from the values that the country would like to instil in its young people through the cadet forces, while attracting adults disillusioned with the official cadet forces. This could lead to lapses in judgement, less stringent policies with regard to health and safety, safeguarding and a lack of understanding with regards to the conduct of personnel in a military uniform.

Changes for Division
3.2 reworded.
2) Frimley and Camberley Cadet Corps added to exemptions.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The authors are very knowledgeable on such topics so I shall heed their arguments and vote Aye.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*grumbles* If you'd asked I would've seconded this.

Aye

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ayes to the right: 25
Noes to the left: 8
Abstain: 9

The Ayes have it! The Ayes have it. Unlock.

Turnout: 84%
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads