The Student Room Group

I want to be a man

With a strong toned muscly body that I can show off, that can reproduce without the hassle of pregnancy. I would be in the gym a lot working on my body knowing that all my effort would not just improve my health but would make me more attractive as a mate, this doesnt work as a woman. I would be able to wear practical clothes in comfort/wear short hair and still look decent. I could just head out with the lads and play sport in most of my free time rather than listening to a group of women talk about clothing, hair and children pretending im interested. Id also be able to age without feeling as though id been left on the shelf or am losing sexual 'value'. A lot more things would be in my control, I could live single/travel/do as i wanted into my 50's /middle age and then still have time to settle down and produce my own child. I feel so restricted being a woman and it really gets me down everyday. Im fine with having a female body I just hate life as a female and all the restrictions.
That's only a minority of men. If you have the misfortune of being a beta male like me you just spend all your time alone pining over a girl you like from a far an thinking about how special she is to you. Then you have to watch other guys chat and flirt with her and even kiss her an then you just think how you would do anything just to be able to hold her hand because you just think the world of her and then you go home and lay on your bed feeling lonely because you've never even held hands with a a girl and you just like your oneitis so so so so much
You can disagree with some of the restrictions. For one, you say that you would rather play sport than be one of those women who talks about clothes. Why not pick a sport you are good at it and strive to be a god at it. Women in a way have an advantage here at club level. Once you reach the top of the women's ladders, play men and strive to be outstanding across both sexes in the sport. You will literally be admired lmao.

This is just one example and I do sympathise with your problem.
Reply 3
Original post by Forumaddict
That's only a minority of men. If you have the misfortune of being a beta male like me you just spend all your time alone pining over a girl you like from a far an thinking about how special she is to you. Then you have to watch other guys chat and flirt with her and even kiss her an then you just think how you would do anything just to be able to hold her hand because you just think the world of her and then you go home and lay on your bed feeling lonely because you've never even held hands with a a girl and you just like your oneitis so so so so much

What do you mean misfortune, you are what ever man you make yourself and you have plenty of time. You have no time limit to reproduce like a woman does. Even if you mess up your your young years you have the rest of your life to attract girls, it apparantly gets easier for men with age. Women apparantly have it easier in their 20's when they are still getting to know themselves, havent built up much confidence in life. Then life/dating gets harder as they age and they get blamed for not settling down when younger. Why not go after this girl when you can, you have nothing to lose and whatever happens its all life experience.
Reply 4
A few questions that came to mind while reading:
Why cant you show off your toned female body?
Is pregnancy really that much of a hassle as in limitation to your life? 9 months of people being extra nice to you, and most of the time it wont affect you in a REALLY restrictive way.
Why cant you be in the gym a lot working on your body to improve your health and make you more attractive as a mate as a woman?
Why cant women wear practical clothes/ wear short hair and still look decent?
Why cant you try to find other women who're interested in sport?

Now my male perspective:
Working on my body is tedious and annoying, an opinion I could easily get away with as a woman, not so much as a man, and for good reason: As a woman you usually dont even need to work out to be considered attractive, just dont be fat. About pregnancy... thats a hassle for us too, it only takes 1 mistake to fvck your financial life up quite a bit as a man, same for women, but for you its a lot easier to avoid, and even if you fail at contraception you can abort, men cant do that (Also: You may view pregnancy as a hassle now, but that opinion will change once you get involved in legal disputes concerning your children.). The clothes/hair thing is the same for men, just for us its long hair we "cant have". Not every woman is interested in clothing, hair, children, not every man is interested in sport (fyi). Men lose "sexual value" with aging aswell, if you belong to those with sh1tty, rapidly disappearing hair (me) its even faster than women. Lastly: As a man i can assure you: We cant do as we want into our 50s and then still have time to settle down and produce our children. Else everyone would be doing it, dont you think?

As you can hopefully see being male isnt the cure to all our woes and mortality. The stuff you complain about is barely gender-related, most not at all. Dont blame your failings as a human being on gender, doing so inevitably leads to suffering, despair, anger and hate and ultimately... feminism. Once you start down that path, it will forever dominate your destiny, it will consume you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
With a strong toned muscly body that I can show off, that can reproduce without the hassle of pregnancy. I would be in the gym a lot working on my body knowing that all my effort would not just improve my health but would make me more attractive as a mate, this doesnt work as a woman. I would be able to wear practical clothes in comfort/wear short hair and still look decent. I could just head out with the lads and play sport in most of my free time rather than listening to a group of women talk about clothing, hair and children pretending im interested. Id also be able to age without feeling as though id been left on the shelf or am losing sexual 'value'. A lot more things would be in my control, I could live single/travel/do as i wanted into my 50's /middle age and then still have time to settle down and produce my own child. I feel so restricted being a woman and it really gets me down everyday. Im fine with having a female body I just hate life as a female and all the restrictions.

Stay as a female, it suits you better
Reply 6
Is pregnancy really that much of a hassle as in limitation to your life? 9 months of people being extra nice to you, and most of the time it wont affect you in a REALLY restrictive way.
Why cant you be in the gym a lot working on your body to improve your health and make you more attactive as a mate as a woman?

Now my male perspective:
Working on my body is tedious and annoying, an opinion i could easily get away with as a woman, not so much as a man, and for good reason: As a woman you usually dont even need to work out to be considered attractive, just dont be fat. About pregnancy... thats a hassle for us too, it only takes 1 mistake to **** your financial life up quite a bit as a man, same for women, but for you its a lot easier to avoid, and even if you fail at contraception you can abort, men cant do that (Also: You may view pregnancy as a hassle now, but that opinion will change once you get involved in legal disputes concerning your children.). The clothes/hair thing is the same for men, just for us its long hair we
Original post by 42o
Why cant you be in the gym a lot working on your body to improve your health and make you more attactive as a mate as a woman?

Now my male perspective:
Working on my body is tedious and annoying, an opinion i could easily get away with as a woman, not so much as a man, and for good reason: As a woman you usually dont even need to work out to be considered attractive, just dont be fat. About pregnancy... thats a hassle for us too, it only takes 1 mistake to **** your financial life up quite a bit as a man, same for women, but for you its a lot easier to avoid, and even if you fail at contraception you can abort, men cant do that (Also: You may view pregnancy as a hassle now, but that opinion will change once you get involved in legal disputes concerning your children.). The clothes/hair thing is the same for men, just for us its long hair we

this threads older than six months make a new one don't bump an ancient thread
Bruh you can change your sex in account options
Reply 9
Original post by jamesthehustler
this threads older than six months make a new one don't bump an ancient thread

uhm, i actually posted that six months ago, seems it decided to repost itself 21h ago LOL
Original post by Anonymous

No wonder
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest