The Student Room Group

Unpleasant end to a date

So TSR, I'm officially put off an otherwise perfectly nice guy by what I thought was a really unpleasant gesture. But I'm wondering if it's just me finding a reason not to like him because, well, I'm a bit nervous of re-entering the dating scene and maybe I'm making excuses for myself. So I'd like your opinions! :tsr:

Story: I've been chatting to a guy online for a while and we finally got around to going out. We went out for a nice lunch yesterday, talked about travel, video games etc. and he's kind of socially awkward (a bit), but I don't mind that. We spend a few hours chatting and getting to know each other. I'm attracted to him and building up this picture of a slightly shy guy who seems pretty into me but is being really gentle about it, which is nice as I've had an overly dramatic year and taking it slow sounds awesome. We get to the bus station afterwards, he kisses me goodbye (good kiss, all fine) then he reaches down while he's doing it, flips his coat open and randomly grinds a massive erection on me. (Through his jeans.) Then he goes off to catch his bus like it's all totally normal.

It ruined the mood for me and actually kind of freaked me out. I don't know if he thought it would be sexy or something? I don't know, am I weird for finding it weird? Straighten my head out for me please! :h:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So TSR, I'm officially put off an otherwise perfectly nice guy by what I thought was a really unpleasant gesture. But I'm wondering if it's just me finding a reason not to like him because, well, I'm a bit nervous of re-entering the dating scene and maybe I'm making excuses for myself. So I'd like your opinions! :tsr:

Story: I've been chatting to a guy online for a while and we finally got around to going out. We went out for a nice lunch yesterday, talked about travel, video games etc. and he's kind of socially awkward (a bit), but I don't mind that. We spend a few hours chatting and getting to know each other. I'm attracted to him and building up this picture of a slightly shy guy who seems pretty into me but is being really gentle about it, which is nice as I've had an overly dramatic year and taking it slow sounds awesome. We get to the bus station afterwards, he kisses me goodbye (good kiss, all fine) then he reaches down while he's doing it, flips his coat open and randomly grinds a massive erection on me. (Through his jeans.) Then he goes off to catch his bus like it's all totally normal.

It ruined the mood for me and actually kind of freaked me out. I don't know if he thought it would be sexy or something? I don't know, am I weird for finding it weird? Straighten my head out for me please! :h:

what an absolute creep
LAD.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
We get to the bus station afterwards, he kisses me goodbye (good kiss, all fine) then he reaches down while he's doing it, flips his coat open and randomly grinds a massive erection on me. (Through his jeans.) Then he goes off to catch his bus like it's all totally normal.

He was about to F you but decided that his bus was worth more. The vibrations of the bus are quite sexy. :sexface:
:lolwut: sounds a bit too forward.
that just… nah, that's weird.
No. Just no...
Reply 7
I have a thing for guys who grind their erection on me at the end of a date. :love:
Reply 8
Don't

ever

talk

to

him

again
Reply 9
Original post by SeanFM
:lolwut: sounds a bit too forward.

He definitely plays a clutch style online. #allornothingstrat
that's a good sign, you turned him on. well done gyal.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am actaully wetting myself, fuaarrrrrkkkk it's just the way you said it.

Moral of the story: don't do online dating.
Since the rest made him sound like a really nice guy who wouldn't do anything like that, there's probably a reasonable explanation for it.

Like a stupid mate who told him 'you should do this when you say bye, girls love it'.

That's my guess at least.

Bring it up when you next see him, tell him it was really weird, and he'll most likely apologise and never do it again :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sae.HH
I have a thing for guys who grind their erection on me at the end of a date. :love:

have you ever even been on a date
Wtf get rid girl
Original post by Alexion
Since the rest made him sound like a really nice guy who wouldn't do anything like that, there's probably a reasonable explanation for it.

Like a stupid mate who told him 'you should do this when you say bye, girls love it'.

That's my guess at least.

That's hilarious if he fell for it.
Reply 16
Original post by Mayhem™
have you ever even been on a date

Obviously, otherwise that statement would be completely false.
Started quoting everyone who said "urgh weird" but there's too many of you...thanks for making me not feel like a weirdo. :colondollar:

Original post by iMacJack
LAD.

Hah, think a true lad might have got further than a non-consensual dry hump and no second date. :tongue:
Original post by Mayhem™
That's hilarious if he fell for it.

It would :lol: I can imagine him going and telling said mate about it, and that guy just collapsing on the floor in laughter :rofl3:
Reply 19
Yep, it's a bit much

Quick Reply