The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography at St Goerges

I'm hoping to attend St Georges university of London to study Diagnostic Radiography. I know that some of the course is delivered at Kingston university, I was wondering what this was like in terms of travelling there if i lived on campus at St Georges? Is it possible to live in Kingston halls with this course?
Your best bet is to check with the uni. The no, 57 bus goes from St Georges to Kingston where you pick up the free uni bus to the different campuses.
In my first year I stayed in one of Kingston unis halls, and for the IFP (first term) I took the 57 or 131 bus from Kingston to St Georges, though the train is faster if you are willing to spend a bit.
I do not actually know if you can stay in SGUL halls as a radiography student, don't know anyone who did, though I know a fair few who stayed in Kingston halls.

Seething wells can be a little bit of a pain as it is more in Surbiton, but you can always take a bus (paid TFL or free uni bus) to Kingston, or go to the station and train to Wimbledon which would save a fair bit of time.
Hi, has anyone had an interview yet? I have mine this week don't know what to expect it's my first ever MMI interview quite nervous!!
Reply 4
Thank you, it's because I've applied to St Georges I wasn't sure if staying at Kingston was an option, I've got an interview soon so I'll probably ask then
Original post by Mjr_issues
In my first year I stayed in one of Kingston unis halls, and for the IFP (first term) I took the 57 or 131 bus from Kingston to St Georges, though the train is faster if you are willing to spend a bit.
I do not actually know if you can stay in SGUL halls as a radiography student, don't know anyone who did, though I know a fair few who stayed in Kingston halls.

Seething wells can be a little bit of a pain as it is more in Surbiton, but you can always take a bus (paid TFL or free uni bus) to Kingston, or go to the station and train to Wimbledon which would save a fair bit of time.
Reply 5
Good luck!!i have mine on the 20th, I hope it goes well for you!
Original post by Serioushxt
Hi, has anyone had an interview yet? I have mine this week don't know what to expect it's my first ever MMI interview quite nervous!!
Original post by CoffeeHiigh
Good luck!!i have mine on the 20th, I hope it goes well for you!

How was the interview? I have mine on the 2nd
Original post by CoffeeHiigh
Thank you, it's because I've applied to St Georges I wasn't sure if staying at Kingston was an option, I've got an interview soon so I'll probably ask then

As a third year student, my advice is don't stay at George's! You're only there for the first term and then approximately three more times before you finish. Its such a pain to get to Kingston everyday for people living in Tooting. Also, the placement sites are chosen based on proximity to Kingston and when you have travel cost reimbursed, they only pay the difference in price between going to uni and going to placement. This means you'll have less money in the long run, which as a student is not ideal!
Hey everyone,

I have firmed radiography at st Georges. And I was just wondering does anyone know whether our stage two enrolment will be at Kingston uni on the 19th or do we have to go st Georges? Because I received an enrolment email from Kingston but nothing from st Georges. Also the timetable shows we will be at Kingston from 24th January 2017, so where will we be from 19th September till then??
If memory serves, you will have your first week or so at Kingston, then will go to St George's for the remainder of the first term to cover the integrated foundation programme (IFP) with medical students, biomedical students e.t.c. Then it is pretty much all at Kingston for the rest of the course, with some exceptions, such as in the third year with PPD with physio students.

Of course, this might change, I just said what I had when I was there.

Quick Reply

Latest